What To Do Once You...

Notifications
Clear all

What To Do Once You Have A Big Bump/cyst/nodule?

MemberMember
(@chelslaw)

Posted : 10/14/2012 9:01 pm

Hi there

So if you havent seen me post around here lately (which I have often lately lol) I'm a 28 year old female, with what I presume is hormonal acne. All on my chin/jawline area.

The bumps are almost always inflamed and rarely come to a head. They hang around forever. Sometimes they are itchy, sometimes hot, sometimes i can kinda feel my pulse in them (that sounds weird i know) Usually get 1-5 of them at any given time.

I dont eat gluten or dairy (except for a few cheats a month) I eat low amounts of processed sugar and alcohol and the only caffeine would be from small amounts in green tea.

I eat lots of good gut foods, sauerkraut, kimchi. I take b complex, d, omega 3, c, probiotic and just started saw palmetto a few days ago.

I do the regimen with cetaphil cleanser, dans bp and cetaphil moisturizer.

So now here's my question. Hopefully with all of the above it will start to help the severity and frequency of the acne, but what do you do when you do get one of these big inflamed bumps to help them go away faster?

MemberMember
(@bobby-stephenson)

Posted : 10/14/2012 9:40 pm

You can get a cortisone injection at the doctors or wait it out.

MemberMember
(@chelslaw)

Posted : 10/14/2012 9:48 pm

i dont think its big enough for an injection.

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 10/14/2012 10:53 pm

i just let it run its course. Their is not much that i can do to make those cysts go down without a cortisone injection. I may not have been of help lol. sorry !!!!!! But i get many of them so i feel your pain . eusa_wall.gif

MemberMember
(@tootsler)

Posted : 10/14/2012 11:03 pm

I have some Salicylic Acid that I dab on with a Q-tip approx 3x/day. It usually helps calm things down.

MemberMember
(@betterness24)

Posted : 10/14/2012 11:54 pm

Supposedly tea tree oil is able to penetrate relatively deep within the skin.. I've applied it to large cysts before and maybe it's just coincidental- but it seemed to go away faster. but be prepared for your skin to peel in that spot if you don't have super oily skin...

MemberMember
(@ifknhateacne)

Posted : 10/14/2012 11:59 pm

I'd put an icepack on it to reduce swelling and pain, it does help a bit. I do it everytime I see a cyst.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 10/15/2012 2:16 am

Yeah try treating them with an ice cube also look into yogurt masks/zinc cream

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 10/15/2012 7:43 am

do you use anything topically?

because no matter how it is, at least imo topical cleanser is needed, esp if you tend to break out alot and like this. something with a bit of a alchohol or salicic acid in it.

fe i use clean and clear oil free shine control cleanser and it prevents big bumps from coming up for me and overall works great for me. i reccomend too. im using 3rd bottle by now. its kinda drying though, so what i do is i leave it for a minute and then cleanse of with really damp cotton pad, with clean water. let it dry or pat off, doesnt matter, but then its not drying after cleanser.

tto. personally, i find only very fresh works. after week or so, it stops working. either because of skins adjusting to it either because of oil getting rancid, im not sure but yea.

also personally i would poke it with needle before though, and get rid of the junk. its gross, but what can you do. at least it wont grow anymore and infect/damage larger area. then cleanse and treat that place with something

MemberMember
(@betterness24)

Posted : 10/15/2012 11:21 am

Hi there

So if you havent seen me post around here lately (which I have often lately lol) I'm a 28 year old female, with what I presume is hormonal acne. All on my chin/jawline area.....

..................... ..................... ...................

....So now here's my question. Hopefully with all of the above it will start to help the severity and frequency of the acne, but what do you do when you do get one of these big inflamed bumps to help them go away faster?

Well it's a new day, is the bump going down or was that more of a "just in case", hypothetical question?

MemberMember
(@chelslaw)

Posted : 10/15/2012 12:22 pm

i wont be poking it with anything lol nor will i be going to a derm to treat it- i get these often so was just looking for advice from others who get them too (im hoping saw palmetto will help me clear these up - giving it 6 months before deciding)

its bigger than yesterday. seems infected. i guess ill just leave it alone. im putting tea tree oil on it.

im not sure what the deal is as I dont eat dairy, then i had it on sat and woke up with this giant thing on sunday. but its all the week before my period (which is when i get these big ones normally)

MemberMember
(@betterness24)

Posted : 10/15/2012 12:46 pm

hmm, the TTO shouldn't make it worse, after all it is an anti-fungal, antibacterial, antiviral, disinfectant along with its supposed anti-inflammatory properties. But there could be some irritation I suppose. You might dilute it if you have sensitive skin :)

MemberMember
(@chelslaw)

Posted : 10/15/2012 2:49 pm

thanks. its not because of the TTO

i got it because of hormones and/or my dairy binge (a combination most likely)

im just putting TTO on it to help and might put a little aspirin mask on the spot tonight