Notifications
Clear all

How Much Worse Does It Get?

MemberMember
(@blake-slack)

Posted : 10/13/2012 1:18 am

I've been on accutane for about 37-39 days now, I had the first initial breakout and it was extremely bad, then it slowly stopped got better, then worse, then better, then worse, and so on, and it's going back to worse, but really really worse.

MemberMember
(@echron)

Posted : 10/13/2012 7:15 am

Accutane stops the production of sebum systematically. It is a process that is completely different to every user. I'd imagine somebody who had dry skin initially may have 'quicker' results over the process however this is dependant on a whole host of factors many of which are unknown.

You could be waiting until month 5 or 6 to see any results and a second course may even be prescribed to fully complete the treatment. I'm sorry I can't give you an answer and as anxious as you are, unfortunately all I can tell you is that there is no 'answer' to your question. From what you describe I can only suggest that if there is any further worsening then perhaps you should speak to your dermatologist about it further.

I wouldn't worry about it yet buddy. Let the medication do it's course and hopefully you'll start seeing results soon.

MemberMember
(@darkdragoon)

Posted : 10/15/2012 12:52 pm

I'm on day 39 and am basically in the same boat as you. After about 2 weeks I had a really bad initial breakout, it went away mostly, came back a little, went away, now it's back pretty bad, but seems to be going away again. I don't think it really ends until every clogged pore is out.