Notifications
Clear all

Need Cleanser And Moisturizer

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 10/12/2012 8:25 pm

Hi all,i feel as if i've posted this question a million times but here goes....again.

Need a recommendation for a cleanser and moisturizer.

Need something that doesn't have pore clogging ingredients, even if it is higher end.

My skin looks oily but feels dry if that helps. In y experience:

oils clog my pores and break me out (hemp /jojoba)

some moisturizers marketed as non comodogenic really such( cerave, neutrogena)

Help needed!

MemberMember
(@torquemonster)

Posted : 10/13/2012 11:54 pm

Dickinson's Witch Hazel Foaming Face Wash is a good cleanser that I have been using for about two months and like alot. It is gentle, non-irritating, and doesn't clog the pores. Also seems to control the oil well. I have very sensitive, somewhat oily skin that clogs easily and this cleanser has been great for me.

MemberMember
(@sunshine7587)

Posted : 12/01/2012 8:39 pm

I have the same problem as you. I have tried many cleansers and many moisturizers and still haven't found an awesome moisturizer . My estetichian recommended an all natural cleanser that I'm really liking so far ( 3 months of use) its called Dr. Woods shea vision pure black soap. It's a liquid and you can get a 32ounce bottle on vitacost.com for around $8. For reference I have oil skin that also gets dry and is very sensitive. Annoying combination!!! I have open and closed comedones on almost every pore on my cheeks, chin, and jawline. These get inflamd and turn into cysts. This cleanser does not break me out and has improved the texture of my skin. I'm still on the hunt for a good moisturizer . I'm using jojoba oil but I definitely do not like it bc it clogs my pores but most other moisturizers also irritate my skin, jojoba oil doesn't. So I'm constantly hunting for something that doesn't clog my pores and doesn't irritate. I used to use Lanc´me pure focus mattifying oil free moisturizer before I had breakouts and I really liked it a lot. It moisturizer without making me greasy . Unfortunately it is slightly irritating now, but it doesn't clog my pores. So it may work well for you? I have a list of moisturizers I am planning to try based on extensive research ... The one im getting next is by philosophy-breathe of fresh air oil free energizing gel moisturizer. Hope some of this helps! Good luck :)

MemberMember
(@ripon10)

Posted : 01/14/2013 4:45 pm

We've just recently started using black soap as well with good results. I ordered actual black soap from Amazon. It was about $10 for a large bar that I cut up into 8 chunks. I also bought a jar of unrefined 100% shea butter to try. I have very sensitive skin and break out easily. Jojoba oil seems to clog my pores. I've been using the shea butter as an intermittent moisturizer. It's a bit greasy to use during the day, but it seems to moisten nicely and has not broke me out at all. It has been about a week since I started using this. It's a bit early to say for sure, but since you are using black soap with shea butter in it already, it maybe worth trying for nighttime moisture.

MemberMember
(@enh333)

Posted : 01/14/2013 4:52 pm

Literally the only face wash that has worked for me is Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser. CVS also has a knockoff of it that works just as good (and it's cheaper). I think with face wash, the simpler the better. The fancy washes with all kinds of different herbal ingredients and so on just seem to irritate my skin and dry me out. Keep it simple.