Notifications
Clear all

Lump After Subcision

MemberMember
(@natalia2012)

Posted : 10/12/2012 4:56 pm

Hi guys,

First of all, sorry for my English, as I am not a native speaker :)

I have few rolling scars on my cheeks, but one scar on my left cheek especially bothers me.

I was reading good reviews on this forum about Dr. Chu so I went to see him and I have done 2 subcisions by now. The first subcision went ok, no bruising or lumps, although I didn't notice much improvement.

Almost 3 weeks ago I did the 2d subcision and it seems to me that doctor missed the scar and subsided the area above the scar and not the scar itself. So now, 3 weeks later after procedure, the area above the scar is still looking red and blue. I also feel (and see under the certain light) a hard lump above the scar.

I went to see the nurse and she reassured me, that everything is fine and that the lump is responsible for the healing and collagen development. I wouldn't mind the lump if it was under my scar area because the lump would visually lift the depressed scar. But the lump is just above the scar and the scar area is still looking depressed.

I hope one day I will be able to post more positive experience, but today I am quite disappointed with my last subcision procedure, because the doctor subsided the wrong area and more over I'be been left with the persistent lump.

Have anyone experienced hard lumps after the subcision? Do they usually go away?

Will appreciate any thoughts on that.

MemberMember
(@mr-matt)

Posted : 10/12/2012 5:57 pm

I've had four subcision procedures and I had lumps each time.

The nurse is correct: they are a good sign that collagen remodeling is taking place and that there is hemorraging beneath you skin which actually produces this collagen response.

Time should heal this up.

Shelly399 liked
MemberMember
(@natalia2012)

Posted : 10/12/2012 6:57 pm

Hi Matt,

thank you very much for your reply, your opinion means a lot for me as I've been reading your posts many times. Thank you for documenting your experience, this is how I've learn about the subcision procedure and reading your story was truly inspiring!

I don't know why the doctor subsided the area above the scar. Next time I will circle a scar by myself to make sure he won't miss it.

I am going to try another subcision in 3 weeks time (6 weeks after the procedure), but probably with another doctor. Do you think I should wait until my lump disappears completely and only then do the next subcision? Or is it fine to do another subcision if you still have some lumps?

MemberMember
(@mr-matt)

Posted : 10/12/2012 10:19 pm

Natalia:

If this were me, I would wait until my skin had completely recovered from the last procedure (no bruising/swelling/lumps, etc.) before undergoing another round.

It's always best to play it safe rather than sorry.

Just my two cents....

Matt

MemberMember
(@pumpkin21)

Posted : 10/13/2012 8:45 am

Hi, who did your procedure was it Dr Chu himself?

MemberMember
(@natalia2012)

Posted : 10/14/2012 4:59 am

To Pumpkin21:

Yes, Dr.Chu himself. It's been almost 4 weeks and the lump is still there.

To Matt:

Yes, you are right and I just need to be patient. Can I just ask how long had you been waiting until your lumps went a way?

MemberMember
(@mr-matt)

Posted : 10/14/2012 8:52 am

Natalia:

For the first three procedures, it took about ten days for the lumps to go away.

The last procedure involved the suctioning method and my lumps lasted about six weeks or so.

Matt

MemberMember
(@natalia2012)

Posted : 10/17/2012 2:58 am

Hi Matt,

how long you've waited between your subcision treatments? 3 months?

Would be grateful for your advice.

Thank you,

Natalia

MemberMember
(@lollastewart)

Posted : 01/16/2019 5:32 pm

Me too had subcision about two months ago and still have the tiny hard lumps. She said she would be conservative and use a normal needle not to hurt my skin. But she must have done something wrong because they aren't getting any better

Just realised it was a post from 2012. Oh well. Did your lumps disappear?

MemberMember
(@nemesis-89)

Posted : 01/16/2019 6:35 pm

1 hour ago, lollastewart said:

Me too had subcision about two months ago and still have the tiny hard lumps. She said she would be conservative and use a normal needle not to hurt my skin. But she must have done something wrong because they aren't getting any better

Just realised it was a post from 2012. Oh well. Did your lumps disappear?

She didnt visit the site from 2012 my friend

MemberMember
(@preditorfighter)

Posted : 12/10/2020 3:16 pm

Is ist possible, that lumpsAfter subcision are imreal more Scar tissue ?
And doctors just sayits a lump because People world be scared?

MemberMember
(@spidergirl007)

Posted : 03/09/2021 6:26 am

Yeah, that's entirely possible. Many of these are hematomas which do resolve on their own after 2 or so months. But some of these are scar tissue band that upon being released during subcisjon get crossed between each other and knot. These ones are the more difficult to subside. Thats what my doctor told me is the cause for mine. Evidently, only 2% of his patients have this side effect.

i got mysubcision done almost 2 months ago and still have these here. They haven't decreased in size. My doc is now using a palomar icon laser to hopefully release some scar band tissue. Ive gone through 2 rounds so far and I havent seen any improvement. I might get a second opinion and see what is best to do.