Notifications
Clear all

Face Is Shiny, But Not Oily?

MemberMember
(@jkel777)

Posted : 10/12/2012 10:36 am

Hey guys,

I've noticed after a while that my face appears to be sort of shiny, but when I look up close in a mirror and/or touch my face, there's no oil! I'm on day 45 and use CeraVe Moisturizing Cream at night. Do you guys think it may be due to the moisturizer? Or is this normal? Thanks!

MemberMember
(@bobby-stephenson)

Posted : 10/12/2012 10:44 am

I use the same moisturizer but I don't shine. Are you a vampire?

MemberMember
(@betterness24)

Posted : 10/12/2012 11:05 am

yea my face does the same thing after using a face wash + moisturizer... but

nbkyrww might be right lol

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/12/2012 12:42 pm

If your skin is really dry it can tighten up and look shiny. I also use the cerave moisturizing cream and have no issues with being shiny. So you could be reacting to the cream different than mine. Or maybe you aren't moisturizing enough and your skin is tight and shiny due to being dry.. Try moisturizing more often. I use the cream morning and night after washing my face.

MemberMember
(@jkel777)

Posted : 10/12/2012 7:56 pm

I use the same moisturizer but I don't shine. Are you a vampire?

yea my face does the same thing after using a face wash + moisturizer... but

nbkyrww might be right lol

Haha because of the mirror thing? Lol I only apply the moisturizer at night, not in the morning. When I wash it off (I have to wash my face twice since that stuff is so damn thick), get out of the shower, and go about my day, it seems my face gets shiny, but with no oil. Again, I'm not applying it during the day, just night.

If your skin is really dry it can tighten up and look shiny. I also use the cerave moisturizing cream and have no issues with being shiny. So you could be reacting to the cream different than mine. Or maybe you aren't moisturizing enough and your skin is tight and shiny due to being dry.. Try moisturizing more often. I use the cream morning and night after washing my face.

Maybe that's what it is then! Because like I said above, I only apply it at night, so maybe I need to apply it more often. Funny thing is though, my face doesn't feel tight at all during the day, and feels quite smooth.