Notifications
Clear all

Just Not Working

MemberMember
(@swj48)

Posted : 10/07/2012 11:53 pm

this is my second time on the regimen. i posted a couple weeks ago about getting back on after being off since the beginning of june. long story short my acne hasnt been as bad as it ever was before doing the regimen the first time, but i just wasnt very happy with my skin after being off for awhile and wanted to give it another 6 months or so on the regimen to see where im at then.

it hasnt been working this time. at all. its only been 2 weeks, but the first time i showed major improvement in just 2 DAYS. my skin looks worse than it did while i was off the regimen, and the feeling of my skin is much worse than the first time i was on it. is it possible to become resistant to the regimen or have your skin adjust after treating it that way so that it will no longer be effective down the road? that seems to be the case with me right now. im stopping the regimen tonight and letting my skin calm down and get back to as close to normal as possible. i will just cleanse and moisturize like i did off the regimen. the reason i quit it in the first place was because i was so tired of how my skin felt even if it was clearm and it just was taking so long and i was tired of committing an hour and a half a day to it. now i am not even seeing clear skin and the cons outweight the pros even more than before.

anybody have any thoughts or opinions on why it may not work the 2nd time?

MemberMember
(@rush25)

Posted : 10/08/2012 11:45 am

My opinion is that you have not been on the regimen long enough this time to determine whether or not the regimen is working for you. I'd recommend that you stay on the regimen for a while longer to give it a chance to start working.

I have not had any issues with the effectiveness of the regimen over time. I've been on the regimen for five years and it still works great for me.

It takes you an hour and a half every day to do the regimen? What takes so long?

MemberMember
(@swj48)

Posted : 10/08/2012 7:53 pm

Well shower/wash, wait 10-15 min, bp which takes 5 min, wait 10-15 min, moisturize which takes 5 min. Times 2 and that's between an hour and an hour and a half a day. When I would try to go faster before the first time I was on it I could tell I was not getting the same results. My skin is extremely sensitive so I have to go slow and be very gentle.

MemberMember
(@reyrey)

Posted : 10/08/2012 9:53 pm

An hour and a half is way too long, wait around 5-10 minutes between each step at the most, it takes me about 20 minutes to do the regimen every morning and every night, so about 40 minutes day, you could be cutting a lot of time in between. You don't necessarily have to rush but I notice I don't need to wait more than 5 minutes in between steps. I get that you have sensitive skin but even if it did take longer, clear skin is worth it to me, I get you don't like spending so much time, however sometimes you must make a small sacrifie to get something better in return. Especially when it comes to achieving clear skin, if you're not blessed with it, you have to work at it, it's a small price you have to pay for good skin, you have to make the decision if it's something you want to keep investing in, if not, there's other products available in the market, but if you found something that works for you, I suggest you stick with it.

MemberMember
(@rush25)

Posted : 10/08/2012 10:58 pm

Well shower/wash, wait 10-15 min, bp which takes 5 min, wait 10-15 min, moisturize which takes 5 min. Times 2 and that's between an hour and an hour and a half a day. When I would try to go faster before the first time I was on it I could tell I was not getting the same results. My skin is extremely sensitive so I have to go slow and be very gentle.

Okay, I understand now. I don't count the 10-15 minute wait in between the steps as time spent doing the regimen as you're actually doing nothing at all.

I just really think you're not giving the regimen enough time to work, regardless of how it worked for you the first time. I mean, with any other acne treatment, it would be crazy to only give it two weeks to decide whether or not it's working.

MemberMember
(@swj48)

Posted : 10/09/2012 1:32 am

Okay, I understand now. I don't count the 10-15 minute wait in between the steps as time spent doing the regimen as you're actually doing nothing at all.

I just really think you're not giving the regimen enough time to work, regardless of how it worked for you the first time. I mean, with any other acne treatment, it would be crazy to only give it two weeks to decide whether or not it's working.

i get where you are coming from as ive advised others the same way when they are starting it for the first time, but it is the drastic difference in my skin's reaction this time around that has me most concerned. it is extremely itchy, which it never was before, and it is making my acne worse, which never happened before either. the dryness is off the charts compared to the first time as well. it is just weird to me how it can cause much worse side effects the second time around. so its not just that i dont think its working (though it definitely is not working like it did the first time) but it is making my skin go crazy AND it still has all the cons that i didnt like before. thats why i am wondering if your skin can develop different reactions to treatments over time because it basically is saying it doesnt want to be treated like that?

An hour and a half is way too long, wait around 5-10 minutes between each step at the most, it takes me about 20 minutes to do the regimen every morning and every night, so about 40 minutes day, you could be cutting a lot of time in between. You don't necessarily have to rush but I notice I don't need to wait more than 5 minutes in between steps. I get that you have sensitive skin but even if it did take longer, clear skin is worth it to me, I get you don't like spending so much time, however sometimes you must make a small sacrifie to get something better in return. Especially when it comes to achieving clear skin, if you're not blessed with it, you have to work at it, it's a small price you have to pay for good skin, you have to make the decision if it's something you want to keep investing in, if not, there's other products available in the market, but if you found something that works for you, I suggest you stick with it.

well the amount of time it takes is the #1 reason that i quit the regimen back in june after doing it for over 6 months. it really just does not work for my lifestyle and the type of person i am. i dont have the patience to keep it up and after the several months i was on it, even though it was definitely working, i just said screw it im done. tough call though for sure because nothing else has ever worked for me the way the regimen has, but the cons of the regimen just eventually have outweighed the pros for me at this stage in my life. and this 2nd time around im not even seeing the pros, even if it has only been a couple weeks, the side effects are worse as well. im not moping around or anything i was just seeing if people have had similar reactions after quitting and then starting again or something similar because it seems as though my skin has developed a bad reaction to it that i never had before. ive learned to deal with my acne a lot better now than i did before doing the regimen the first time so i think i am going to stay off of it, just was weird to me that this happened so thats why i posted about it.