Anyone Had Any Succ...

Notifications
Clear all

Anyone Had Any Success With: Saw Palmetto Or Evening Primrose Or Sulphur?

MemberMember
(@chelslaw)

Posted : 10/07/2012 10:06 pm

has anyone had success with saw palmetto or evening primrose or sulphur?

ive seen them mentioned around the forum, but wondering if they have helped any women with hormonal acne

thanks~

MemberMember
(@torquemonster)

Posted : 10/09/2012 2:26 am

I have had very good success clearing mild facial acne with sulfur 5% / sodium sulfacetamide 10% cleanser. Have been using it once daily for about 3 months. Clearest my skin has been in 30 years. Don't know if this helps you much since I am male, age 50, my acne was not hormonal. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@chelslaw)

Posted : 10/10/2012 11:47 am

am starting to take Saw Palmetto today. I'll be taking 320mg/daily. Can I take that together (its 2 pill) or do I need to separate it throughout the day?

I spoke with my dr and Spiro is not an option for me sad.png

He did prescribe me 8 weeks of antibiotics and differin- but im not sure if i want to go that route- any thoughts?

MemberMember
(@mellieh)

Posted : 10/12/2012 8:13 pm

Hi! I have taken saw palmetto in the past, but I don't remember how much. It seems that it helped somewhat....I should add it back in! I am currently taking a B complex, zinc, fish oil, and a multi. I have also been trying to clean up my diet- quit soda, cut dairy & white bread. Good luck! Keep us posted!

MemberMember
(@chelslaw)

Posted : 10/12/2012 9:54 pm

will do. day two so far.

i do not eat gluten 6 days a week and no dairy at all right now, i also take fish oil (omega 3) bcomplex, folic acid, probiotics and vitamin d.

im on the regimen too. hopefully i get clear and then i can figure out what it was (regimen, dairy, or saw p.)

MemberMember
(@mdp703)

Posted : 10/13/2012 2:10 am

A few years ago I took evening primrose oil and it cleared my acne considerably after a couple weeks. However, I developed the side effect of GI upset (which was quite severe) and had to quit. I may try it again to see if the same thing happens. Haven't tried the other two.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/14/2012 2:54 am

A few years ago I took evening primrose oil and it cleared my acne considerably after a couple weeks. However, I developed the side effect of GI upset (which was quite severe) and had to quit. I may try it again to see if the same thing happens. Haven't tried the other two.

Evening primrose oil is hit or miss. I took that consistently for about 4 months when I was 14/15...it was one of the first "natural" cures I had heard a lot about, and it literally made my face go CRAZY.

I believe the main problem is that EPO is mainly omega-6 oil. Most westernized diets have too much omega-6 and not enough omega-3. High potency EPO just tips that balance even further.

MemberMember
(@mdp703)

Posted : 10/18/2012 8:50 pm

So I started EPO again 6 days ago. Beginning 6 months ago, I've been taking zinc and a multi. 3 weeks ago, I began taking candex. 2 weeks ago I added in omega 3. Last week I added in folic acid and EPO.

I realize my method is a hodgepodge and I won't be able to tell what is or isn't working, but I will let you know how things go. For the past two weeks, I think my face was purging as I had an increase in whiteheads. In the last two days I've had improvements happening. I will update in a few days.

MemberMember
(@chelslaw)

Posted : 10/18/2012 10:07 pm

good stuff

i have read alot lately about women taking zinc and it elevating testosterone so i stopped taking mine

also- you actually do end up peeing out most of your vitamins, i still take B complex D, C, probiotics, and saw palmetto but i stopped all the rest. wasnt affordable.