Bright Red Neck (Da...

Notifications
Clear all

Bright Red Neck (Day Two On Regimen) - Pics

MemberMember
(@brightredneckarea)

Posted : 10/07/2012 4:09 pm

Hi all

After two nights on the regimen (using Cetaphil cleanser and moisturiser with the BP gel), I have experienced experienced extreme redness on my neck (see attached photo).

The strange thing here is that I didn't even apply the BP gel to my entire face and neck, I only applied it to certain pimples as I have sensitive skin and wanted to start lightly and build up a tolerance. Also note that I applied at night only (thank goodness). There has only been very minor redness on my face (which would be easily covered with makeup so it doesn't worry me). My neck on the other hand has literally opened up with small wound type things from all of the scratching.

I would really appreciate any comments here if this has happened to anyone else? I am now seriously considering stopping the regimen all together as in my line of work it is not practical for me to be in the office looking like this.

In addition, my skin is super itchy too but I know that everyone experiences this so didn't want to dedicate another post to it!

Thanking you in advance for any advice you can give,

Sarah

post-186105-0-44722800-1349644808_thumb.

post-186105-0-44722800-1349644808_thumb.

MemberMember
(@wearemadeofstardust)

Posted : 10/07/2012 9:34 pm

This has happened to me as well. I didn't even apply BP on my neck, but somehow it travels down to my neck.. My suggestion is to apply tons of moisturizer on your neck before BP to help slow down the migration. I hope this helps. :)

MemberMember
(@swj48)

Posted : 10/07/2012 11:48 pm

that looks like an allergic reaction to me. i would stop the regimen until you can ask a doctor.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 10/08/2012 3:36 am

This happened to me too, although only to a small part of my neck, not such a large area as you seem to be experiencing. I second the recommendation to apply moisturiser to your neck before applying BP. It is easy for the BP to migrate in your sleep to areas that you didnt apply it to (like eyelids and neck). Make sure that you're only applying a very small amount in the first week (a pea size) and build up. Many people get a bit too excited and go gungho in the first couple of weeks and live to regret it (I can put my hand up to this).

Good luck, and let us know how you get on. Oh and yes, the itching and burning is nuts isnt it? But it passes.....and does finally pass.