Notifications
Clear all

Birth Control Log.

MemberMember
(@lfct)

Posted : 10/07/2012 12:44 pm

hi all. this is my first time writing a post... im not that great at writing what im thinking XD

My Skin:

I have moderate to mild acne and some hyperpigmentation. And its all concentrated on the lower half of my face. I have tons of small whiteheads (closed comedones) around my mouth and chin.

Have some acne on my forehead too.

Background- im 20, live in portugal, third year in college studying chemical engineering.

so after months of using bp and salicylic acid, i'm going to try a birth control to control my acne. I never tried bcp before it's my first time!

The birth control im using is called Valette, i havent seen any posts about this pill... kinda weird :S

i'm scared if this pill will give me an initial breakout.. i am really sick of always looking at my self in the mirror. Always bringing myself down.

im going to try to post pictures once every week. im not that great at describing my acne with words...

Current Regimen

AM:

Wash with Cetaphil

Topical Eryfluid

makeup

PM:

Wash with Toleriane cleansing and make-up removal fluid.

Topical Eryfluid

MemberMember
(@jacinthaa)

Posted : 10/08/2012 4:33 am

Hi girl!

I thought Valette was like almost the same as Diane 35.

Most people experience their worst IB in month 2, so prepare for that ;)

Your acne is definitely mild, so you'll clear up soon ;)

MemberMember
(@lfct)

Posted : 10/08/2012 10:55 am

thanks for the support! yeah i dont know much about valette... i thought diane 35 is for more severes cases of acne. i just know that both contain an anti-androgenic.

i really dont want to go through the initial breakout it really scares me crazy.gif .

MemberMember
(@jacinthaa)

Posted : 10/10/2012 6:19 am

I know! It's not fun, but it will clear up soon ;)

My IB only hit me on my chin, so I guess I was lucky..

I did experience some pimples on places I never had them (like on my cheeks, got 2 painfull ones and they both left a dark mark) But only one at a time, so nothing bad.

I thought it would be w¡¡¡¡y worse, but it didn't. So I'm praying for you!.

And seriously, DON'T PICK!!!! I don't know if you're a picker, but you should definitely keep your hands of your face when the IB hits you.

MemberMember
(@lfct)

Posted : 10/14/2012 12:17 pm

UPDATE WEEK 1

Hiii. so acne is been the same not better nor worse.

havent got any side effects from new birth control, so big plus.

in the end of this month ill be going back to the dermatologist to get something a little bit stronger to help clear my face :)

here are the new photos. ill be updating once a week

MemberMember
(@lfct)

Posted : 10/21/2012 11:00 am

UPDATE WEEK 2

so this was a bad week :( broke out pretty bad on left cheek a couple of papules and one cyst, around my chin especially on the corners with some papules too :S

i dont even feel like putting pictures because its all red and yucky!!

this is probably the initial breakout. it sucks!!

and now i've been stressing because of tests and im always studying!!

i hope this heals fast.. i've alredy popped some.

see u next week!!