Notifications
Clear all

Do You Have To Cleanse Before Applying Manuka Honey Mask?

MemberMember
(@fuze)

Posted : 10/06/2012 12:58 pm

Would the manuka honey mask still work at fading red marks if you just put it on for an hour BEFORE you did your nightly regimen?

If you cleanse and then apply it, you have to wash your face again to remove it. Seems like washing twice (once with bp cleanser, once with water) would be more irritating.

When do you apply your masks?

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 10/12/2012 4:26 am

I just ordered it,what UMF are you using?

MemberMember
(@esoteric23)

Posted : 10/15/2012 1:16 pm

I use a manuka honey mask almost every night. However I do not use a BP cleanser. I use Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash to wash my face first, then I apply the honey directly to my skin and rub gently in circles. I leave it on for however long I feel like, sometimes a half hour, sometimes several hours. Then I rinse it off with water only and apply my moisturizer and my Differin. This routine has been working for me for many months in healing redmarks and helping prevent acne as well. Honey is naturally very soothing and moisturizing and makes my skin glow. Perhaps you could try using a milder cleanser first, then the mask, and then apply your BP? But personally I have found that BP makes my red marks worse when it is left on the skin. So maybe just give your skin a break from the BP on the nights you use the honey mask.