Notifications
Clear all

Airgent Treatment Diaries

MemberMember
(@theoneandonly)

Posted : 10/05/2012 6:57 pm

Ok so here it goes! The first of my three series of airgent treatment. The treatment was very light since it was my first time, and the doctor wanted to see how I heal. The treatment was kinda painful to be honest and there was some pinpoint bleeding but overall it was tolerable. I have some swelling now and will see how it develops in the next three to four weeks. If you have any questiongs just ask me here or by pm. I will be updating this as I see improvements/changes :)

MemberMember
(@soundofsilence)

Posted : 10/05/2012 8:09 pm

I haven't been on this board in ages, as I have pretty much given up on treating my severe scarring. This is the first I've heard of this Argent treatment. I just watched a youtube video on the prcedure and I am intrigued. I hope Argent gives the improvement that you are looking for! I will be following your posts and look forward to your updates! Good luck to you! smile.png

MemberMember
(@theoneandonly)

Posted : 10/05/2012 8:14 pm

Thanks, I am thinking I will need around six treatments in total to maybe get 50% improvement which I will be happy with.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 10/07/2012 5:56 pm

hey man congratz on your first treatment! hows it going so far? can u explain exactly how the proccess went? are you still swollen? what is the down time like? going for my conulst rly sooon and i ahvent forgot about using u as a referral . best of luck!

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 10/12/2012 9:19 pm

bump

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 10/19/2012 1:49 am

Any progress?

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 11/07/2012 10:50 pm

bump

MemberMember
(@theoneandonly)

Posted : 11/10/2012 3:29 pm

Alright guys, so yesterday was my actual first treatment as the one past month was just a few trial spots. I will say that the doctor was very nice and informative, and encouraged me to ask any questions/concern. I was in a room with laying down with the doctor and a nurse and they shot around 15 spots on my left site and 15 spots on my right side and some on my forehead. The pain was tolerable although the spots near my cheekbones hurt more.

As for results, the first day my face was kind of swollen. Today is pretty much back to normal. I will have to wait a week for the saline to dissappear and see if my scars have improved at all or no. Also remember this is my first treatment and it will take atleast three to see some overall results

MemberMember
(@theoneandonly)

Posted : 11/18/2012 1:35 am

Ok so the swelling has gone but my skin looks thickers. Some scars look more flat but a bit wider whereas others look the same. However this is my first treatment so I cannot give full results until a month after the final treatment. I will post a pic of how I look like right after a treatment next time.

MemberMember
(@theoneandonly)

Posted : 12/15/2012 5:55 pm

So I have had two treatments so far and the scars look moreplump but it does nothing for ice pic, thankfully I only have six or so ice pics in my entire face. The saucer scars look very thick and shallow. Only negative is that is kinda makes overall skin bumpy but that resides after a while. Oh also there could be hypoerpigmentation problem, but I am hoping there is not

MemberMember
(@acnescar123)

Posted : 12/16/2012 3:17 am

So it made the saucer scars (I assume boxcar) more shallow? What do you mean by "thick" ?

MemberMember
(@theoneandonly)

Posted : 12/17/2012 8:53 pm

yea more shallow, most of my scars are flattened out

MemberMember
(@kaleidoscopic)

Posted : 01/12/2013 3:40 pm

overall do you recommend airgent?

MemberMember
(@theoneandonly)

Posted : 01/14/2013 10:20 pm

done all my three treatment and I am happy about short term results will wait to find out long term result

MemberMember
(@anthonytong)

Posted : 01/15/2013 3:42 am

done all my three treatment and I am happy about short term results will wait to find out long term result

Nice. It's told that the full result will appear in about 6 months.

MemberMember
(@theoneandonly)

Posted : 01/15/2013 1:37 pm

Although I have to say this treatment is not good for icepics, I have around 8 on my right temple so I am going to try TCA Crossor usea single needle... any advice?

MemberMember
(@guygermany)

Posted : 02/02/2013 2:49 pm

Guy from Germany here, so sorry if my english is bad.

I am undergoing the airgent treatment as well,

2-3 days ago (Thursday) i had my first treatment for my cheeks and to be honest,

i am very worried right now regarding my skin state. So i have

a question to

@Theoneandonly

(or others who have experience with air gent/hca):

Theoneandonly, my question is, how exactly did your skin react to your first real

treatment (not the trial spots) in terms of swelling? How long

did take until it looked normal again? Really only one day like

you wrote?

I am really concerned because right after my first treatment, my

face was extremely swollen, i looked like a hamster with two small

water balloons in my mouth, one for every side.

One Friday evening (One and a half day later) the swelling was much better

but there was still enough swelling left to make my face look a little bit

unnatural. And since then, it hasn't gotten any better at all (or only

just a tiny bit, barely noticeable). So, obviously i am worried about that..

I fear that my doctor injected to much HCA, i am shocked to read

that you only got 15 shots on every side - i got 40-45!

And when i touch my face it feels strange. As if there is too much

water or hca under my skin. So what if the swelling is gone and

i just have to much of the substance injected under my skin?

This idea frightens me quite a bit.

Do i have to wait up to one year till the HCA (hyaluron) has been

aborbed by my body? I mean, the swelling isn't that extreme, i don't look

like a monster, but it would really

depress me if that were the case. Surfing the internet and reading all this horror

stories of swelling not gong way doesn't help either.

So, TheOneandOnly, what do you think? Did you have any swelling left

on day 3 after the treatement? Could you feel a little bit of liquid substance

under you skin? Please tell me the truth of course, not

something i want to hear just to comfort me.

Thanks,

Alex

PS: When i called my doctor after a day, she said, swelling can happen,

although it happens rarely like mine. She didn't sound to concerned

but that was when there was still progress regarding the swelling.

(Hope Theoneandonly reads this post soon - is there a way to email him directly?)

MemberMember
(@theoneandonly)

Posted : 02/02/2013 4:25 pm

Hey GuyGermany, like I said, I only had around 15-20 shots only around my temples and some cheek.. maybe you have more extensive scars???

I think you should give it a few weeks atleast. Mine skin looked a little bumpy even after week.. kinda like I had acne but the HA acisd was smoothed out eventually. Just take it easy and the swellign will subside. Please keep me updated!

MemberMember
(@guygermany)

Posted : 02/02/2013 5:04 pm

Thank you so much for the fast reply, Theoneandonly!

I am very relieved that it took a while for your skin to be smooth again,

that makes it more likely that the reaction of my skin is within normal, expected range.

From your previous posts i assumed that your skin was normal again just one

day after the treatment (you wrote:' today is pretty much back to normal').

Thanks again, your post really gives me hope that no permanent or

long lasting damage has been done to my skin.

I'll definitley keep you updated!

MemberMember
(@theoneandonly)

Posted : 02/02/2013 6:32 pm

Yea the major swelling only lasted one or two dax max but it was not completely flattened out until a few weeks. But I do love the results it had on some of the scarss!

MemberMember
(@acnescar123)

Posted : 02/02/2013 10:07 pm

I'm actually getting a few sessions of airgent as well - had 2 so far (at the same place theoneandonly is getting it at), was just waiting for all the sessions to be completed before posting.

guygermany - usually the process was 1-2 days of bleeding/scabbing and then like 3-7 days of these raised bumps (kinda as if there was something underneath the skin), but everything usually got better after a week +/- a few days. I personally wouldn't start to worry until 1-2 weeks after. Either way, airgent HA takes 6 weeks to be fully absorbed into the body (not a year). Keep us updated on your results guygermany.

MemberMember
(@guygermany)

Posted : 02/03/2013 1:45 am

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with me, acnescar123

Knowing what you and Theoneandonly told me, really helped me to calm down a bit.

Swelling at least hasn't gotten worse over night

(maybe even a little bit better, i'll see over the course of the day).

So you have had two sessions so far? Any success?

You go to the same place Theoneandonly does? Do you guys know each other in person?

I'll be back soon.

MemberMember
(@guygermany)

Posted : 02/03/2013 9:44 am

Just came here to say that the swelling has gotten a little bit better today.

I'm really happy about that, i am so relieved.

Thanks again for your replys to my question,Theonandonly and acnescar123 :)

You really helped me to not panic yesterday when the swelling did not

improve at all. My doctor should have told me that it could be like that, but

perhaps that was new for her as well.

If anyone is interested, i'll keep you updated as far as further treatments and results are concerned.

Right now the skin looks very good, but this for sure is only because there is still some liquid

underneath my skin which levels the scars. Long term effects are what's relevant, and we'll

have to wait for further treatmens and a couple of months after that in order

to give a final judgement.

Right now, there's nothing i could say about the treatment that hasn't been mentioned on this thread already.

MemberMember
(@guygermany)

Posted : 02/04/2013 6:45 pm

Theoneandonly - when was the first time you started seeing improvment regarding

your scars that wasn't caused by swelling? Right after the swelling was gone?

Or a few weeks after the first treamtent?

Or not before the second treatment? Luckily, after 4 days, my swelling is almost gone, but unfortunatley

that means that the scars are starting to reappear. But i guess i can't epxect

any definite improvment after 4 days only. Or what do you think?

MemberMember
(@acnescar123)

Posted : 02/04/2013 8:33 pm

For me personally - it got worse/the same for a week or two after the treatment but slowly got better. If I had to guess it helped ~10% each time (20% total) - while not significant, it was what I expected for a low risk procedure and hopefully the other two sessions bump it up another 20%.