Notifications
Clear all

What Moisturizer Has The Least Shine?

MemberMember
(@darkdragoon)

Posted : 10/05/2012 1:14 pm

I've been on accutane for a month and now that my skin is no longer producing copious amounts of sebum, I can tell that my cetaphil lotion leaves my face shiny. What moisturizer/cream/lotion is better in that it will leave my face looking matte? I've heard good things about cerave, is that less shiny? Cream or lotion? Thanks.

MemberMember
(@bobby-stephenson)

Posted : 10/05/2012 1:54 pm

I was recommended Cetaphil too but Cerave is the best right now. It's not as effective as Cetaphil but it absorbs very quickly and has no shine.

MemberMember
(@darkdragoon)

Posted : 10/05/2012 2:05 pm

Is that the cream or the lotion?

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/05/2012 3:03 pm

I use the CeraVe lotion and it is not shiny at all

MemberMember
(@bobby-stephenson)

Posted : 10/05/2012 3:52 pm

Cream

31Dj9iEkkbL._SS500_.jpg

MemberMember
(@darkdragoon)

Posted : 10/06/2012 2:57 pm

Thanks for the help. I used CeraVe cream for the first time today and it's 100% better. My face isn't shiny at all. It definitely absorbs more thouroughly than the cetaphil, which is probably why the cetaphil left a greasy film.

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 10/06/2012 6:30 pm

Yeah Cetaphil is pretty terrible. It may work for some but it just leaves me a greasy mess.

I use grapeseed oil after hearing about someone who had super sensitive skin and it was all she could use. I would seriously not trade it for any man-made chemically based moisturizer in the world. :P Never thought I would be one of those "all natural organic nuts" but that's meeee.

MemberMember
(@darkdragoon)

Posted : 10/12/2012 1:40 pm

So the CeraVe burns and I noticed it has alcohol in it? Wtf? Did I get the wrong kind?