Notifications
Clear all

Trying Silicone Microdroplets

MemberMember
(@scarsarecool)

Posted : 10/05/2012 1:02 pm

I had silicone microdroplets injected into my scars, mostly rolling and some boxcar mainly on my cheeks. It has been two weeks since the first injection. The procedure was quick and there was no downtime for me. Right now the scars have improved a lot, but it could be due to swelling and I still have a few rounds to go again before it's complete. It still has been awesome to not worry about my scars for a couple weeks, the improvemnt is pretty awesome right now.

As time continues and I go through more rounds of injections I will keep posting updates. Silicone has helped other people on this site and at this point seems promising.

MemberMember
(@awesomenesssquared)

Posted : 10/05/2012 2:42 pm

I had silicone microdroplets injected into my scars, mostly rolling and some boxcar mainly on my cheeks. It has been two weeks since the first injection. The procedure was quick and there was no downtime for me. Right now the scars have improved a lot, but it could be due to swelling and I still have a few rounds to go again before it's complete. It still has been awesome to not worry about my scars for a couple weeks, the improvemnt is pretty awesome right now.

As time continues and I go through more rounds of injections I will keep posting updates. Silicone has helped other people on this site and at this point seems promising.

Thank you so much for this. I look forward to this post and am happy to hear you already have awesome improvement! Micro silicone is a procedure I have been considering as well. I am in NYC and would go to a doctor who pioneered the technique, orientreich or bernett. Did you go to either of these doctors?

Also, dont forget to update us!, you are helping so many by just detialing your experiences, thanks/congrats on the success again!

MemberMember
(@scarsarecool)

Posted : 10/05/2012 6:34 pm

@awesomenesssquared - I'm glad to help! All the postivie stories on this site have helped me. I have heard of both the doctors you mentioned and they both have good reputations. I think it's smart to pick a doctor who has a proven success with this treatment.

I will come back and update on my progress, my next injections are in 2 weeks so look for an update then!

MemberMember
(@scarsarecool)

Posted : 11/04/2012 10:01 pm

I had my 2nd round of silicone injections 2 days ago. So far everything is looking good. I had a very noticeable improvement with the 1st round of injections and the 2nd round has shown improvement as well. It really has made a big difference and I feel better about my scars. I'm waiting until I'm done with the process to be sure, but as of now things are looking good. I will give updates as time goes on. I will probably wait about one and a half months before my next round of injections.

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 01/09/2013 1:06 pm

I had my 2nd round of silicone injections 2 days ago. So far everything is looking good. I had a very noticeable improvement with the 1st round of injections and the 2nd round has shown improvement as well. It really has made a big difference and I feel better about my scars. I'm waiting until I'm done with the process to be sure, but as of now things are looking good. I will give updates as time goes on. I will probably wait about one and a half months before my next round of injections.

How are your injections coming along now?

MemberMember
(@scarsarecool)

Posted : 01/09/2013 1:10 pm

I haven't gone for the 3rd yet. I was reading its safer to wait 3 months, so I'm going to wait a bit longer. I still am happy with the results so far, it's helped me feel better about my scars.

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 01/09/2013 1:27 pm

I haven't gone for the 3rd yet. I was reading its safer to wait 3 months, so I'm going to wait a bit longer. I still am happy with the results so far, it's helped me feel better about my scars.

Good; happy for you.

What kind of scars do you have? Do you have any boxcar type? That's what I have.

MemberMember
(@scarsarecool)

Posted : 01/09/2013 2:53 pm

I have mostly rolling and some boxcar mainly on my cheeks.

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 01/09/2013 4:50 pm

I have mostly rolling and some boxcar mainly on my cheeks.

Cool; so you got improvement on the boxcar ones then?

MemberMember
(@scarsarecool)

Posted : 01/09/2013 5:12 pm

Yes I got improvement on all, I think the rolling a bit more, but definitely improvement on all. It really helped with the depressed scars that show shadows based off the lighting. It helped raise the scars up, so they aren't as deep.

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 01/11/2013 12:00 pm

Yes I got improvement on all, I think the rolling a bit more, but definitely improvement on all. It really helped with the depressed scars that show shadows based off the lighting. It helped raise the scars up, so they aren't as deep.

Yay, so happy for you.

I've had this done once before actually and he said I'd probably need two treatments; I think I'm going to get another one.

The only thing I'm worried about is the health effects of silicone in the body; did you research that at all?

MemberMember
(@scarsarecool)

Posted : 01/11/2013 12:41 pm

Yes I did research. I didn't like the idea of having silicon in my body either, but the risk seemed low enough that I was willing to take it. I also found a really good doctor which I think is important too.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 06/17/2013 6:49 pm

bump any updates

MemberMember
(@scarsarecool)

Posted : 07/18/2013 3:54 pm

Just giving an update. I still haven't gone back for my 3rd round of injections yet. I will be sure to update when/if I do. I did start derma stamping again recently. My dr said it would be ok to do after the injections. I know some people on here question if that is ok (myself included) so I'll give updates on that as well.

MemberMember
(@scarsarecool)

Posted : 04/22/2014 2:43 pm

Here for another update. I recently had micro needling done. I had the dermapen and also had each scar needled with a single needle. It's 5 days out, my face was red and scrabby/crusty for a while. Now its just pink while it's healing.

Seems like the needling was ok to do after the silicone microdroplets. I'll report back as time goes on and see if there is any improvement. Not expecting too much because this is supposed to be performed multiple times for the best results, but we'll see.

MemberMember
(@perigon)

Posted : 04/22/2014 5:53 pm

How long does the improvement last after you get the droplets? Is it something you go to do yearly?

MemberMember
(@scarsarecool)

Posted : 04/22/2014 6:02 pm

How long does the improvement last after you get the droplets? Is it something you go to do yearly?

The results are permanent, people on here have come back years later and said their results from silicone were still holding up. For me it's been 1 1/2 years, and the results have stayed.

u1971 liked
MemberMember
(@perigon)

Posted : 04/22/2014 6:15 pm

The results are permanent, people on here have come back years later and said their results from silicone were still holding up. For me it's been 1 1/2 years, and the results have stayed.

Interesting, I'll have to consider getting this done then. What do you think the improvment was for you percentage wise? Also, if you don't mind me asking, why did you decide to start stamping and needling instead of going for a third round?

MemberMember
(@scarsarecool)

Posted : 04/22/2014 9:47 pm

Interesting, I'll have to consider getting this done then. What do you think the improvment was for you percentage wise? Also, if you don't mind me asking, why did you decide to start stamping and needling instead of going for a third round?

The silicone was good at lifting up the indented scars (50% improvement), but the texture of the skin where it was scarred still needs improvement. So my idea was to lift up the scars and then smooth them out. Also, I really like the idea behind micro needling. If I could do it over again, I'd try needling first and then silicone after if still needed. But that said, I'm still very happy with the results from silicone microdroplets.

u1971 liked
MemberMember
(@celaya)

Posted : 04/24/2014 4:12 am

ScarsAreCool, Thanks for your updates and much appreciated. How many times do you plan on needling your skin with Dermapen? And are you planning on going on a Monthly basis as to what most Doctors recommend?

By the way with the aging process as our skin tends to shrink & sag Isn't it very highly possible down the line the silicon micro-droplets could most likely migrate at other places of the face to where you can get noticeable hard lumps forming or new forms of scars? What's to say 5 or 10-15 years down the line(or when you reach your 40's?) it doesn't stay in place with where they were meant to stay in place. What can you do then if it happens? It's not reversible right like other fillers? Did your Doctor give you the dangers of silicon of what could go wrong? As most Doctors who do fillers for acne scars just won't risk it on there patients as chances are very high it can migrate to other places of the face even with the best skilled Doctor.

MemberMember
(@scarsarecool)

Posted : 04/25/2014 12:33 am

ScarsAreCool, Thanks for your updates and much appreciated. How many times do you plan on needling your skin with Dermapen? And are you planning on going on a Monthly basis as to what most Doctors recommend?

By the way with the aging process as our skin tends to shrink & sag Isn't it very highly possible down the line the silicon micro-droplets could most likely migrate at other places of the face to where you can get noticeable hard lumps forming or new forms of scars? What's to say 5 or 10-15 years down the line(or when you reach your 40's?) it doesn't stay in place with where they were meant to stay in place. What can you do then if it happens? It's not reversible right like other fillers? Did your Doctor give you the dangers of silicon of what could go wrong? As most Doctors who do fillers for acne scars just won't risk it on there patients as chances are very high it can migrate to other places of the face even with the best skilled Doctor.

I'm thinking of going maybe 3 or 4 more times for needling sessions, but I'm not 100% sure yet. I could also just do some dermastamping at home, maybe I'll do a combo of both. I don't think I'll go monthly though. And just to note, it wasn't only Dermapen that I had done. She also took a single needle to each scar (it was like a tatoo gun with a microneedle attached), that's where I'm thinking the best results will come from. She used a dermapen after the single needling.

I've heard the mention of down the road that the skin can age and the silicone can become visible as lumps. I haven't actually read/heard anyone say it has happened to them, but I believe it's possible. I have read studies on silicone microdroplet injections where people were looked at 15+ years after with no complications. Since it is permanent, it is important to do a lot of research and be aware of risks. For me, I felt the benefits outweighed the risks. Also, if it did cause problems down the road, I'd rather have better skin now than then .