Need New Moisturize...

Notifications
Clear all

Need New Moisturizer. Suggestions?

MemberMember
(@kellerman)

Posted : 10/04/2012 6:50 pm

Hello. I've been on the regimen for almost 3 months. Thankfully, I'm almost completely clear. However, I've got a bit of a problem. I can't seem to find a decent moisturizer. I've tried a few, each of which had a big problem, and am now looking for suggestions. Please do not suggest the following, as I have already tried them:

- Acne. Org's moisturizer- GREAT moisturizer, but it turns my face orange. I still use it at night, but I cannot use it during the day because then my face looks REALLY REALLY ORANGE.

- Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion- Absolutely, positively hated it. Everybody reccomended it. Seemed like it'd be good. However, it BURNED LIKE HELL and turned my face orange also.

- Olay Moisturizer with and without spf- Both left an undesirable white residue on my face. Honestly, both cetaphil and olay don't seem very good to use with benzoyl peroxide on the face.

I've been going to school everyday with flaky skin. It sucks. I pick em with tweezers at home in the mornings, and then scratch em off in class. It's disgusting. But I don't want to stop using BP because I know it's whats helping me get clear of acne. :S

So please, if anyone knows of any good moisturizers, please let me know. Help is very much appreciated :)

MemberMember
(@cleardreaming)

Posted : 10/04/2012 7:17 pm

Simple light hydrating moisturiser

or La roche posey tolerine fluid (I think is the correct name).

Both pretty good, the first is considerably cheaper than the latter

MemberMember
(@kellerman)

Posted : 10/06/2012 8:29 am

Anything you can tell me about those two moisturizers? Any problems? Do they clog pores?

MemberMember
(@bobby-stephenson)

Posted : 10/06/2012 12:08 pm

I am using Cerave on my accutane treatment. I don't turn orange and it absorbs quickly.

MemberMember
(@cleardreaming)

Posted : 10/06/2012 5:35 pm

Anything you can tell me about those two moisturizers? Any problems? Do they clog pores?

Both are non comedgenic, the first is recommended by many users on here and I am using currently, I would use a tiny amount of it otherwise I did used to find it maybe wouldnt all absorb (when my skin was super oily) the other I have only ever used on accutane, is designed for sensitive skin and should be skin ph, I love all la roche posey products, but it is pricey, on accutane I was going through it to quickly to reinvest. No real problems with either.

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 10/06/2012 5:46 pm

Grapeseed oil!

Hello. I've been on the regimen for almost 3 months. Thankfully, I'm almost completely clear. However, I've got a bit of a problem. I can't seem to find a decent moisturizer. I've tried a few, each of which had a big problem, and am now looking for suggestions. Please do not suggest the following, as I have already tried them:

- Acne. Org's moisturizer- GREAT moisturizer, but it turns my face orange. I still use it at night, but I cannot use it during the day because then my face looks REALLY REALLY ORANGE.

- Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion- Absolutely, positively hated it. Everybody reccomended it. Seemed like it'd be good. However, it BURNED LIKE HELL and turned my face orange also.

- Olay Moisturizer with and without spf- Both left an undesirable white residue on my face. Honestly, both cetaphil and olay don't seem very good to use with benzoyl peroxide on the face.

I've been going to school everyday with flaky skin. It sucks. I pick em with tweezers at home in the mornings, and then scratch em off in class. It's disgusting. But I don't want to stop using BP because I know it's whats helping me get clear of acne. :S

So please, if anyone knows of any good moisturizers, please let me know. Help is very much appreciated smile.png

MemberMember
(@robinmuzette)

Posted : 10/08/2012 2:17 am

Clean and Clear dual action moisturiser - oil free! I've tried all main brand moisturisers and this is the best :) cheap and you get a large enough bottle to last :)

MemberMember
(@alimoon17)

Posted : 12/17/2012 9:24 pm

Try using jojoba oil mixed in with your moisturizer. My eyelids, I found, were very flaky because I would put benzoyl peroxide where my eyebrows started because my breakouts were concentrated there. I would wash my hands after using the benzoyl peroxide then use my ring finger to gently smooth in some jojoba oil and voila, flakiness be gone! Let me know if that works.