Notifications
Clear all

Derm Refused To Let Me Start Second Accutane Course!

MemberMember
(@nelo18)

Posted : 10/03/2012 6:55 pm

okay, so its been 2 months since i stopped accutane. Oily skin is back and acne is coming back. Im getting a new pimple everyday. Went to my appointment today to ask my derm if i can start another course. He said its still to early to start another course etc, I get it, he just worried about my health. He prescribed me Retin-A but i dont have insuracne to buy a $$$ cream. My plan is to call him tomorrow and tell him i cant afford Retin-A and the acne/oli is starting to affect my social life agian, which it is, I hate going to the bathroom every 1-2 hours to blott my face with toilet paper. I cant go to another derm because he was the only affordable one. If all else fails I will probably buy tane online...probably.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/03/2012 10:01 pm

okay, so its been 2 months since i stopped accutane. Oily skin is back and acne is coming back. Im getting a new pimple everyday. Went to my appointment today to ask my derm if i can start another course. He said its still to early to start another course etc, I get it, he just worried about my health. He prescribed me Retin-A but i dont have insuracne to buy a $$$ cream. My plan is to call him tomorrow and tell him i cant afford Retin-A and the acne/oli is starting to affect my social life agian, which it is, I hate going to the bathroom every 1-2 hours to blott my face with toilet paper. I cant go to another derm because he was the only affordable one. If all else fails I will probably buy tane online...probably.

The leaflet I have says that you have to wait at least 2 months before you start another course.

Are you sure that the root of your acne isn't somewhere else? If I were you I'd visit an endocrynologist, see if they can run some tests on you.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/04/2012 1:16 pm

Umm how can you afford Accutane if you can't afford Retin A?

Accutane is serious stuff, your doc is doing the right thing.