Notifications
Clear all

I'm Ice Cold- Getting Over Someone Help?

MemberMember
(@lestooge)

Posted : 10/03/2012 3:42 pm

Hello everyone! Its good to be back on the forums.

First of all, I must warn you- this doesn't have a whole lot to do with acne and this definately isn't something that you would want to look at if you are in the mood for a happily ever after sort of story.

I know that these problems are so called 'first world problems', it's true that many of you are going through harder things from much more serious issues. I am not looking for pity or a place to rant. Just some advice or support.

It's a long post but I'd really appreciate it if you'd read it fully and give me advice.

My story starts about a year ago:

A girl caught my eye, i caught her looking at me alot, she added me and liked my facebook statuses yada yada. On the first day back at school i inboxed her asking about classes, she added two 'xx's on the end of the message ... thus as time went by we talked more and after a little while i told a couple of my friends that i liked her. She would reply with things i took as flirting such as her saying we should 'go on holiday together' and she'd catch my bus one day. we spoke almost everynight and i felt good thinking i had finally found someone. Someone pretty, interesting and funny. My friends also told me that i should make a move on her saying 'she wouldn't wait forever'.

Then one day, another friend of mine (we'll call him Ben)- a friend i would never purposefully tell, guessed that i fancied her as i waved to her one day. He told 2 guys in my class, one of them that night had spoken to her and she told him to tell me she had a boyfriend. Once I found this out I felt pretty bad but i spoke to her and asked her if we could still be friends and she said 'you're a lovely person and I'd hate to loose your friendship'. But the next day I got a shock, turns out everybody knew about my crush on her and I got teased a little but i didn't mind. The other lad that 'Ben' told is what you would call an 'a**hole', he treats his girlfriend like poop and has no friends because of how he treats people- he said he would ask her out for me as a joke- of course I said no and firmly told him not to. But soon after he asked her what she thought of me(remember this for later).

Later that day my best friend who had been pushing me to go out with this girl sat me down. He said: "There's something I need to tell you", my heart sank immediately - such an awful feeling. I remember this clearly, he said: "she said she wants nothing to do with you", "she only made up the boyfriend so you would leave her alone" and "I'm sorry, I knew she didn't really like you I just wanted you to be happy". I wasn't angry with my friend for leading me on with her because i felt so depressed and drained, within a single minute my eyesight changed, heart pounding and palms sweating. I was almost in tears, I've never felt pain like it in all my life, I remember being dazed like when you are almost about to fall asleep on public transport. On the bus I just wanted to get home and check my messages but when I got home I saw something that just made things worse. I had a message saying 'I dont want to be rude or mean but I've heard a lot of shit today, I'm not interested in you and I have better things to do'. I instantly messaged back explaining that it wasn't me who told everyone but that it was 'Ben' and co even though i told them not too. I told her how bad I felt and that I was sorry. Not that it meant anything to her by the sounds of it, because that was the last direct message i got off her.

I took the next two days off school, sleeping, crying feeling sick and thinking about 'ending it all'. Friday before the half term holidays (in the UK we get a week off in October) I went back into school feeling awful, made eye contact with her a few times and felt even worse. I was a wreck, cuts on my wrists, eyes stinging from my messed up sleeping pattern and horrible chest pains from the stress of the past few days. I saw a few of her friends too, until then they were some of my acquaintances too, they looked at me like dirt. And in one lesson Ben's friend (the a**hole) told me laughingly that she said when he asked her, that she thought I was an "effing wierdo".

I tried to reconcile with her a month later by getting my best friend to talk to her and he intentionally left out half of what she said because it was 'too mean' in which she said she accepted my apology but still advised i didnt talk to her. Whilst I was gone, alot of people talked about me behind my back and spread it around.

I still to this day feel like I am some sort of 'creep' or 'stalker', that I'm going to die alone and Im the 'Dexter morgan' of the dating world. Even though I never join in with perverted banter or call girls hot yet i feel like I'm treated by people as some sort of serial rapist. I've had girls I haven't seen in 6 years say they would 'kiss blood off my face' and I've not treated them so bad.

It seems obvious that I should just 'ignore her' and forget about it all. But the simple thing is I CANT! It keeps ringing over and over in my mind like i'm suffering from PTSD or sh*t. I dream about it too, sometimes she apologises and sometimes she's just being mean in those dreams. It's driving me crazy, its been just 3 weeks short of a year and I still feel so bad about it. I've gone through it all, watching depressing movies, meditating for 'inner peace'.

I've never felt angry towards her, just hurt.

I cant have conversations any more I was shy as a child but now i'm just the same. I went through a faze of self harming very badly because of it. I blocked her on Facebook but still see her around school giving me evils along with her friends.

I don't know what to do,How do I move on? I'm not the kind of guy who can just simply 'forget' and move on and just get another girlfriend either... I'd understand if I was like this for a few weeks or months but for a year? I think I probably suffer from some mental condition looking at myself now. And yes, there are worse things in the world but I cant get my mind off this situation. I will take any advice but I'd honestly prefer you to be sensitive about this, it has had a big impact on me.

Thankyou for reading, I really , really appreciate it! <3

MemberMember
(@snsdgirl14)

Posted : 10/03/2012 3:57 pm

I feel as though you need therapy or something because you're taking this rejection a bit too far. Although the way it was handled was not the best, she wasn't ever your girlfriend, and she does have a right not to be interested in you. At least she seemed open about it and didn't lead you on for months or something. Did this all happen in a span of a few days?

You'll undoubtedly find a better girl, one who will be interested in you and not just flirting around. Don't take this so seriously. And no offense, but this has nothing to do with the emotional impacts of acne...

MemberMember
(@lestooge)

Posted : 10/03/2012 4:00 pm

I feel as though you need therapy or something because you're taking this rejection a bit too far. Although the way it was handled was not the best, she wasn't ever your girlfriend, and she does have a right not to be interested in you. At least she seemed open about it and didn't lead you on for months or something. Did this all happen in a span of a few days?

You'll undoubtedly find a better girl, one who will be interested in you and not just flirting around. Don't take this so seriously. And no offense, but this has nothing to do with the emotional impacts of acne...

Lmao, it was a few months, not a few days and Its not the fact that she rejected me that affects me, just what she said that hurts i cant forget about

MemberMember
(@snsdgirl14)

Posted : 10/03/2012 4:05 pm

Lmao, it was a few months, not a few days and Its not the fact that she rejected me that affects me, just what she said that hurts i cant forget about

Well obviously it wasn't YOU being the weirdo here. She flirted with you and basically led you on for a bit. You responded in the way any normal guy would.

Like I said....look into therapy possibly. A year is a long time to be thinking about all of this.

MemberMember
(@tuffluck)

Posted : 10/03/2012 4:09 pm

he made it clear that his post had nothing to do with acne.

I can't imagine what it would be like to feel like that for an entire year bro. I am pretty sure most of us can relate, we have all been down some path where we got rejected and that person didn't feel the same way as we did for them.

My best advice would be that the best revenge is success. Use that to your advantage, say F them and get yours. Work out, get ripped, become successful, make money, get a better girl.. you get the point. Really thats all you can do from here.. move on.. or stay stuck. GL.

Oh and one more thing.. the whole "theres only 1 girl for me" is a complete crock of shit. If you think that way then this it will take forever for you to heal. There are plenty, and I mean plenty of girls that are compatible with you. Know that.

MemberMember
(@lestooge)

Posted : 10/03/2012 4:23 pm

he made it clear that his post had nothing to do with acne.

I can't imagine what it would be like to feel like that for an entire year bro. I am pretty sure most of us can relate, we have all been down some path where we got rejected and that person didn't feel the same way as we did for them.

My best advice would be that the best revenge is success. Use that to your advantage, say F them and get yours. Work out, get ripped, become successful, make money, get a better girl.. you get the point. Really thats all you can do from here.. move on.. or stay stuck. GL.

Oh and one more thing.. the whole "theres only 1 girl for me" is a complete crock of shit. If you think that way then this it will take forever for you to heal. There are plenty, and I mean plenty of girls that are compatible with you. Know that.

Dude, thankyou so much :) I really enjoyed your comment!

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 10/03/2012 8:13 pm

I know the feelin. It's like getting stabbed repeatedly in the stomach. As for moving on u now got a chip on your shoulder,fuck that make it a ten ton boulder.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 10/04/2012 2:20 am

Start talking with other girls. You will feel better.

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 10/04/2012 7:45 am

Hello everyone! Its good to be back on the forums.

First of all, I must warn you- this doesn't have a whole lot to do with acne and this definately isn't something that you would want to look at if you are in the mood for a happily ever after sort of story.

I know that these problems are so called 'first world problems', it's true that many of you are going through harder things from much more serious issues. I am not looking for pity or a place to rant. Just some advice or support.

It's a long post but I'd really appreciate it if you'd read it fully and give me advice.

My story starts about a year ago:

A girl caught my eye, i caught her looking at me alot, she added me and liked my facebook statuses yada yada. On the first day back at school i inboxed her asking about classes, she added two 'xx's on the end of the message ... thus as time went by we talked more and after a little while i told a couple of my friends that i liked her. She would reply with things i took as flirting such as her saying we should 'go on holiday together' and she'd catch my bus one day. we spoke almost everynight and i felt good thinking i had finally found someone. Someone pretty, interesting and funny. My friends also told me that i should make a move on her saying 'she wouldn't wait forever'.

Then one day, another friend of mine (we'll call him Ben)- a friend i would never purposefully tell, guessed that i fancied her as i waved to her one day. He told 2 guys in my class, one of them that night had spoken to her and she told him to tell me she had a boyfriend. Once I found this out I felt pretty bad but i spoke to her and asked her if we could still be friends and she said 'you're a lovely person and I'd hate to loose your friendship'. But the next day I got a shock, turns out everybody knew about my crush on her and I got teased a little but i didn't mind. The other lad that 'Ben' told is what you would call an 'a**hole', he treats his girlfriend like poop and has no friends because of how he treats people- he said he would ask her out for me as a joke- of course I said no and firmly told him not to. But soon after he asked her what she thought of me(remember this for later).

Later that day my best friend who had been pushing me to go out with this girl sat me down. He said: "There's something I need to tell you", my heart sank immediately - such an awful feeling. I remember this clearly, he said: "she said she wants nothing to do with you", "she only made up the boyfriend so you would leave her alone" and "I'm sorry, I knew she didn't really like you I just wanted you to be happy". I wasn't angry with my friend for leading me on with her because i felt so depressed and drained, within a single minute my eyesight changed, heart pounding and palms sweating. I was almost in tears, I've never felt pain like it in all my life, I remember being dazed like when you are almost about to fall asleep on public transport. On the bus I just wanted to get home and check my messages but when I got home I saw something that just made things worse. I had a message saying 'I dont want to be rude or mean but I've heard a lot of shit today, I'm not interested in you and I have better things to do'. I instantly messaged back explaining that it wasn't me who told everyone but that it was 'Ben' and co even though i told them not too. I told her how bad I felt and that I was sorry. Not that it meant anything to her by the sounds of it, because that was the last direct message i got off her.

I took the next two days off school, sleeping, crying feeling sick and thinking about 'ending it all'. Friday before the half term holidays (in the UK we get a week off in October) I went back into school feeling awful, made eye contact with her a few times and felt even worse. I was a wreck, cuts on my wrists, eyes stinging from my messed up sleeping pattern and horrible chest pains from the stress of the past few days. I saw a few of her friends too, until then they were some of my acquaintances too, they looked at me like dirt. And in one lesson Ben's friend (the a**hole) told me laughingly that she said when he asked her, that she thought I was an "effing wierdo".

I tried to reconcile with her a month later by getting my best friend to talk to her and he intentionally left out half of what she said because it was 'too mean' in which she said she accepted my apology but still advised i didnt talk to her. Whilst I was gone, alot of people talked about me behind my back and spread it around.

I still to this day feel like I am some sort of 'creep' or 'stalker', that I'm going to die alone and Im the 'Dexter morgan' of the dating world. Even though I never join in with perverted banter or call girls hot yet i feel like I'm treated by people as some sort of serial rapist. I've had girls I haven't seen in 6 years say they would 'kiss blood off my face' and I've not treated them so bad.

It seems obvious that I should just 'ignore her' and forget about it all. But the simple thing is I CANT! It keeps ringing over and over in my mind like i'm suffering from PTSD or sh*t. I dream about it too, sometimes she apologises and sometimes she's just being mean in those dreams. It's driving me crazy, its been just 3 weeks short of a year and I still feel so bad about it. I've gone through it all, watching depressing movies, meditating for 'inner peace'.

I've never felt angry towards her, just hurt.

I cant have conversations any more I was shy as a child but now i'm just the same. I went through a faze of self harming very badly because of it. I blocked her on Facebook but still see her around school giving me evils along with her friends.

I don't know what to do,How do I move on? I'm not the kind of guy who can just simply 'forget' and move on and just get another girlfriend either... I'd understand if I was like this for a few weeks or months but for a year? I think I probably suffer from some mental condition looking at myself now. And yes, there are worse things in the world but I cant get my mind off this situation. I will take any advice but I'd honestly prefer you to be sensitive about this, it has had a big impact on me.

Thankyou for reading, I really , really appreciate it! <3

Firstly i from the u.k. I know how tough it can be in our schools.

You have to remember that you are dealing with hugely insecure individuals who deflect their own issues by making others feeling crap. In this case you have to develop a thick skin and learn to deal with these twats. School wasn't a great time for me either but the people who use to be cool and in with the crowds are all now fat, bald, have kids, living on benefits. I compare myself to these people now, i'm in the best shape of my life, own my house, great girlfriend, great friends.

My points you just have to push on and forgot about this girl. Would i be right in assuming this was your first proper crush? Yes is can hurt when they don't return the feels but would you really want to be with a 2 faced girl like that? I wouldn't, you're better off mate believe me.

You don't need girlfriends at your age it just best to be single. By the sounds of it you may have unwillingly used the girl as an emotional dumping ground, someone to fix all your problems. I am basing on that you said you self harm which is a cry for help. Hardly fair on a perspective girlfriend.

How do you move on? Well there is no one answer for that. You have to find your own way but i would just go about my life like nothing happened, study hard, chill with your friends, find new hobbies. Let these douche bags realise that you dont care what they think. If you ignore it and just get on with your life they will get bored. However all the while you respond to them they will keep teasing for the reaction.

Seriously if you are self harming then you need to seek professional help.

I wish you all the best.

MemberMember
(@omarcomin)

Posted : 10/04/2012 10:28 am

Firstly i from the u.k. I know how tough it can be in our schools.

You have to remember that you are dealing with hugely insecure individuals who deflect their own issues by making others feeling crap. In this case you have to develop a thick skin and learn to deal with these twats. School wasn't a great time for me either but the people who use to be cool and in with the crowds are all now fat, bald, have kids, living on benefits. I compare myself to these people now, i'm in the best shape of my life, own my house, great girlfriend, great friends.

My points you just have to push on and forgot about this girl. Would i be right in assuming this was your first proper crush? Yes is can hurt when they don't return the feels but would you really want to be with a 2 faced girl like that? I wouldn't, you're better off mate believe me.

You don't need girlfriends at your age it just best to be single. By the sounds of it you may have unwillingly used the girl as an emotional dumping ground, someone to fix all your problems. I am basing on that you said you self harm which is a cry for help. Hardly fair on a perspective girlfriend.

How do you move on? Well there is no one answer for that. You have to find your own way but i would just go about my life like nothing happened, study hard, chill with your friends, find new hobbies. Let these douche bags realise that you dont care what they think. If you ignore it and just get on with your life they will get bored. However all the while you respond to them they will keep teasing for the reaction.

Seriously if you are self harming then you need to seek professional help.

I wish you all the best.

Agree with taketotheskies. Being from the uk as well i know how much shit you can get at our schools, especially if your not a part of the loud, rebellious and boisterous crowd. I absolutely hated school and the way you described this girl she sounds typical of the kind of girls in my school. The attractive two faced popular girls who the boys chased after. Like taketotheskies says, most of the girls like that all go with the bad boy idiots who treat them badly and then piss off and leave them pregnant, living in a flat on benefits waiting for the day when they become a grandmother at 35. You've wasted a year of your life on these people don't give them any more power over you, get good grades, work out, go out and have fun and talk to some girls. I GUARANTEE that if you find a pretty girl who you like and get on with you will forget about the other girl straight away, you're just hung up on her because you liked her and she gave you some attention, i've dont that countless times. Move on, act like you don't give a shit about these people even if you do (becuase they thrive on that) it will get to them more than anything. Go out and have some fun and i promise you in a few years on the rare occasion that you think of that girl you will wonder why you wasted so much time and energy on her. Stay strong bro!

MemberMember
(@lestooge)

Posted : 10/04/2012 11:43 am

Thankyou everybody for the help :) I've had such a bad day at school and I can't wait until graduation so i can get away from all this, but even then my parents are making me go to Uni which i really dont want to go to so even then I dont feel like i have no enjoyable future :P ugh life eh?

To taketheskies- I agree with everything you said, i do believe i probably put a lot of hope in that relationship believing that it would improve my life. As for self harm, I wouldn't totally agree with it being called a 'cry for help' since i never told anybody and just wanted to feel better at the time but often in cases it is.

To Omarcomin- Thankyou so much :) It's great to hear from someone who's been in my position!

MemberMember
(@leavemealone)

Posted : 10/04/2012 11:50 am

Humans can be so inconsiderate, it sickens me at times, but that's life on this planet. Anyway, I know the feeling. From rejection to getting laughed at for liking a popular girl, it without a doubt sucks, but try to rise above it. I mean, just last week, I was considering ending it all regarding a combination of girl troubles and unknown depression, but knowing how young I am and how much I've got going for me at the moment like my passion for both sport and writing, ending it all wouldn't be worth it. My advice might not be as great as others, but just stay strong, there's plenty of fish in the sea, it just takes time. You are who you are, you'll find someone who'll appreciate you for you. In the end, as long as you're all good, then good luck in whatever you're doing.

MemberMember
(@lestooge)

Posted : 10/04/2012 3:14 pm

Humans can be so inconsiderate, it sickens me at times, but that's life on this planet. Anyway, I know the feeling. From rejection to getting laughed at for liking a popular girl, it without a doubt sucks, but try to rise above it. I mean, just last week, I was considering ending it all regarding a combination of girl troubles and unknown depression, but knowing how young I am and how much I've got going for me at the moment like my passion for both sport and writing, ending it all wouldn't be worth it. My advice might not be as great as others, but just stay strong, there's plenty of fish in the sea, it just takes time. You are who you are, you'll find someone who'll appreciate you for you. In the end, as long as you're all good, then good luck in whatever you're doing.

Thankyou man, that's great advice :) I really do need a hobby tbf

MemberMember
(@nfamousjade)

Posted : 10/04/2012 9:50 pm

all I can really say is time heals all wounds. :( I'm sorry your going through this but it will pass. Goodluck. In a couples of months you'll look back on it and just learn you to trust and who not to trust. You'll find a girl who will love you and everything about you.

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 10/05/2012 2:47 am

Thankyou everybody for the help smile.png I've had such a bad day at school and I can't wait until graduation so i can get away from all this, but even then my parents are making me go to Uni which i really dont want to go to so even then I dont feel like i have no enjoyable future tongue.png ugh life eh?

To taketheskies- I agree with everything you said, i do believe i probably put a lot of hope in that relationship believing that it would improve my life. As for self harm, I wouldn't totally agree with it being called a 'cry for help' since i never told anybody and just wanted to feel better at the time but often in cases it is.

To Omarcomin- Thankyou so much smile.png It's great to hear from someone who's been in my position!

Try not to allow your parents make u go uni. Believe me, i complied with my parents wishes for uni and i was miserable. I dropped out after a year. Uni isn't for everyone and isn't the be all and end all of education.

MemberMember
(@leavemealone)

Posted : 10/05/2012 8:40 am

Thankyou man, that's great advice smile.png I really do need a hobby tbf

No worries man.

Without going into too much detail, just recently, I fell for a girl. We get along really well. Problem was that she lives on the other side of the country, so in my defense, I couldn't really do anything in regards of going out with her and stuff like that. I went as far as writing a song for her. She liked it a lot, but I didn't get the response I was hoping for. I'm slowly moving on, but it hasn't affected me too bad, I guess. Anyway, yeah, you should definitely find a hobby. I play sport, write both songs and novels, and work out in my spare time, so whatever you're interested in, just excel in that. Do what you desire. If you have both love and passion for what you're interested in, then you can't go wrong if you want to make something of it.

Stay strong man.

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 10/05/2012 3:07 pm

Thankyou everybody for the help smile.png I've had such a bad day at school and I can't wait until graduation so i can get away from all this, but even then my parents are making me go to Uni which i really dont want to go to so even then I dont feel like i have no enjoyable future tongue.png ugh life eh?

To Omarcomin- Thankyou so much smile.png It's great to hear from someone who's been in my position!

no going to uni would be good, you can start fresh and get away from all those shitfaces, ugh that ben guy and the asshole i want to smash their heads in D:<

and actually my friend had a similar situation, not as big and we were all just tiny middle schoolers lol, but she and this guy liked each other and this other guy told him that she was telling people that he was begging her to go out with him (which she didnt do) aaand so he got mad at her even after she told him she didnt, but she eventually decided if he was going to believe this other guy (who was kind of notorious for being a jerk) and he wasnt going to believe or trust her, she didnt want to be with him anyway

MemberMember
(@lestooge)

Posted : 10/05/2012 4:28 pm

Thankyou man, that's great advice smile.png I really do need a hobby tbf

No worries man.

Without going into too much detail, just recently, I fell for a girl. We get along really well. Problem was that she lives on the other side of the country, so in my defense, I couldn't really do anything in regards of going out with her and stuff like that. I went as far as writing a song for her. She liked it a lot, but I didn't get the response I was hoping for. I'm slowly moving on, but it hasn't affected me too bad, I guess. Anyway, yeah, you should definitely find a hobby. I play sport, write both songs and novels, and work out in my spare time, so whatever you're interested in, just excel in that. Do what you desire. If you have both love and passion for what you're interested in, then you can't go wrong if you want to make something of it.

Stay strong man.

Im sorry to hear about that man, love hurts like nothing else but you seem to have handled it a lot better than I have and heck, if i was a girl- I'd probably be all over you.

Stay strong also :)

MemberMember
(@lestooge)

Posted : 10/05/2012 4:47 pm

no going to uni would be good, you can start fresh and get away from all those shitfaces, ugh that ben guy and the asshole i want to smash their heads in D:<

and actually my friend had a similar situation, not as big and we were all just tiny middle schoolers lol, but she and this guy liked each other and this other guy told him that she was telling people that he was begging her to go out with him (which she didnt do) aaand so he got mad at her even after she told him she didnt, but she eventually decided if he was going to believe this other guy (who was kind of notorious for being a jerk) and he wasnt going to believe or trust her, she didnt want to be with him anyway

Thankyou, thats a cute story tbf- reminded me that in the future this won't even bother me- Thankyou! :)

Thing about uni is:

I don't like the sound of it, yobbie British teens threatening me with their eyes and boring lectures

I think It's kinda going to be a waste of time - Spending more time in school repeating things I could learn somewhere else.

I hate the city where my parents want me to go to uni- its pretty freakin rough :(

Nobody I know will be going there

I will have to catch public transport- since i have social anxiety, thats a nightmare LOOOL

I will be living at home so I wont be joining in with all the partys and socialising much.

the jobs I want don't even desire university courses.- free lance real estate

I likely have a job, if I don't go to uni, at a supermarket with my friend.

that same friend wants me to move in with him once we graduate sixth form which appeals to me a lot more.

Plus I keep hearing people I look up to saying they hate uni and dropped and it keeps striking a bell with me as if its some sort of warning : /

Im honestly not trying to counter argue, im just looking for unbiased advice on whether or not you still think I should go because I am not sure and i am confused :(. I know uni has it's benefits!

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 10/05/2012 5:04 pm

Thankyou, thats a cute story tbf- reminded me that in the future this won't even bother me- Thankyou! smile.png

Thing about uni is:

I don't like the sound of it, yobbie British teens threatening me with their eyes and boring lectures

I think It's kinda going to be a waste of time - Spending more time in school repeating things I could learn somewhere else.

I hate the city where my parents want me to go to uni- its pretty freakin rough sad.png

Nobody I know will be going there

I will have to catch public transport- since i have social anxiety, thats a nightmare LOOOL

I will be living at home so I wont be joining in with all the partys and socialising much.

the jobs I want don't even desire university courses.- free lance real estate

I likely have a job, if I don't go to uni, at a supermarket with my friend.

that same friend wants me to move in with him once we graduate sixth form which appeals to me a lot more.

Plus I keep hearing people I look up to saying they hate uni and dropped and it keeps striking a bell with me as if its some sort of warning : /

Im honestly not trying to counter argue, im just looking for unbiased advice on whether or not you still think I should go because I am not sure and i am confused sad.png. I know uni has it's benefits!

youre welcome! :)

ohhh youre BRITISH thats so cool! :D i wanna go to england

well for the uni thing, idk how everyone else is, but i watch these british guys on youtube and they seem really funny and nice (not to mention cute lol)

you dont HAVE to go to the school your parents want you to go to, and not knowing anyone? thats the whole point! haha. but i guess it wont work if you stay at home, i think if you live on campus youll get to know your roommate and itll be easier to make friends

hahah its fine, idk what its like in england, but if you already have a plan, then go for it! in the US you wont get by without a college degree :/

thats weird, all my friends love college, and i cant wait to get out of here and away from my batshit crazy nagging parents haha

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 10/08/2012 7:46 am

Uni isn't for everyone.

One has to find ones own path. Not something that may have worked for someone else.

MemberMember
(@omarcomin)

Posted : 10/08/2012 9:52 am

I can see both sides of the argurement for university. I can understand why you don't want to go especially if you feel like you're being forced into it and it must feel daunting if you're a very shy person and don't have much confidence. Personally i would go and at least give it a try, If you put yourself out there than you could make friends and not to mention there will be plenty of women around lol, but you don't have to be mr suave, smooth and super confident just maybe work on your confidence a bit before going there.

TakeToTheSkies is right about uni not being the be all and end all of getting a good job, especially with the way things are in britain and europe at the moment. You've got a lot of unfair pressure on you at the moment with going to uni as you probably don't want to let your parents down but it's you who would have to go and not them and if your're really not comfortable going then that's a lot of pressure on you. Personally i would just think about if for a while and weigh out the pros and cons but i would give it a try . . . it may not work out but it could also be one of the best experiences of your life.

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 10/08/2012 4:39 pm

Uni isn't for everyone.

One has to find ones own path. Not something that may have worked for someone else.

well actually im still in high school. idk about the uk, but in california youd be more of an outcast by not going to college than by having acne : P

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 10/08/2012 5:02 pm

Uni isn't for everyone.

well actually im still in high school. idk about the uk, but in california youd be more of an outcast by not going to college than by having acne : P

That's interesting comment. Being an outcast for not going uni.

Here in the u.k unless you have got £9k a year for your education then uni just isn't an option. Also more students are unemployed than ever before. In this current climate, unless you want to be a doctor or something like that than uni just isn't as practical as it once was.

Businesses are employing people with apprenticeships because they have had experience in that line of work. I work in facility management and the last 8 people we have hired do not have a uni background in what we do. They have all worked in facility management before or served apprenticeships as electricians or air con engineers.

I'm not saying that's how things should be, it's just the way they are.

I think higher education should be free. If we are to progress than we need educated people, so free uni is an investment in the future.

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 10/09/2012 1:06 am

Uni isn't for everyone.

That's interesting comment. Being an outcast for not going uni.

Here in the u.k unless you have got £9k a year for your education then uni just isn't an option. Also more students are unemployed than ever before. In this current climate, unless you want to be a doctor or something like that than uni just isn't as practical as it once was.

Businesses are employing people with apprenticeships because they have had experience in that line of work. I work in facility management and the last 8 people we have hired do not have a uni background in what we do. They have all worked in facility management before or served apprenticeships as electricians or air con engineers.

I'm not saying that's how things should be, it's just the way they are.

I think higher education should be free. If we are to progress than we need educated people, so free uni is an investment in the future.

yeah, not one single person at my school isnt at least planning to do community college... idk about the money conversions, but the prices are insane! even then though youll have a hard time getting by trying to find a job without at least a bachelors. ugh all the professions ive ever felt an interest in require like 6-8 extra years of med school.... yeah dont want to be in school until im like 30 lol.

i think a completely different system would be better, like more specialized schools instead of hundreds of colleges all over the country that all have the same things and make it hard to decide which ones to apply to. but thats just a fantasy haha