Notifications
Clear all

Well, Not Sure If Accutane Is The Right Decision

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 10/03/2012 3:22 am

Had acne for 8 years. Got a big breakout 2 years ago, and took oral antibiotics for 4 months. Oral antibiotics triggered worsening of body acne.. now i have moderate body acne.

Have tried dieting : (paleo diet, low glycemic load diet), even tried starvation (for 2 months where i ate less than 1k calories per day). Nothing works.

Is accutane the only choice i have?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 10/13/2012 1:33 pm

No it's not. There are lasers, topicals, BP, BCP(if you are female ), Spiro, etc. You seemed to have already tried the diet route which should be everyone's first line of defense. Have you looked into food allergies?

With that covered, accutane may be something to look into. It is for severe cystic acne or extremely persistent acne

How 'bad' is your acne and how 'bad' does it affect your life?

MemberMember
(@the_mystery_of_lifehotmail-com)

Posted : 10/13/2012 2:09 pm

accutane will help you a lot but will no solve your acne problem completely. is all depend on what kind of acne you have, i guess acne could not be clear by only one treatment or solution it is a combination of a lot of factor. before recommending acne i will suggest you to find out first what is the cause of it, hormonal, the food you eat, weather, ect when you find the roof of your acne i will be more easy to find what is best for you.... if is hormonal acutane will do nothing, i will help you for a while but it will come back stronger than before... in my personal opinion i don't think antibiotic do much