Notifications
Clear all

Accutane For This? [Mild Acne /w Pictures]

MemberMember
(@needadvice124)

Posted : 10/02/2012 5:37 pm

It's been like this sometimes worse, actually usually worse this is best it's been in a while (I think) But tomorrow I will be going to my derm and asking for Accutane, he said to come back in the fall and he would give it to me if the minocyline didn't work, and it didn't.

It's been like this for about ~9 months. I hate it, even though to some people it may not seem like anything.

I just want it gone and be happy when I look in the mirror, 9 months ago I didn't have a pimple almost any where. I want that back

Right side (best side)

cN0Rf.jpg

Left side ( worse side )

U5PGh.jpg

3XbBm.jpg

Front (not to bad) just my sides and some of my chest

GK88t.jpg

MemberMember
(@crashoran)

Posted : 10/02/2012 6:20 pm

I wish I had your skin :(

Accutane is a dangerous drug, you shouldn't take it. You don't need it.

MemberMember
(@cleardreaming)

Posted : 10/02/2012 6:57 pm

I'm not one of those people who believes accutane is a bad drug, but like the poster above said, your acne is very mild, it sounds like massive overkill.

What else have you tried? I cant help but think all you might need is a little BP

MemberMember
(@needadvice124)

Posted : 10/02/2012 9:27 pm

I use BP every night, tried metro-gel, minocycline, completed changed my diet for 6 months, and shit has only got worse and climindamycin for 6 months, 4+ refills -_- and 3+ on the minocyline which is like 180 pills sick of it.

MemberMember
(@lmontgom)

Posted : 10/02/2012 10:29 pm

Accuatne isn't necessarily always prescribed based on the severity of your skin. If your skin has a serious effect on your mental and emotional health, Accutane might be something to discuss with your dermatologist. Let them know how it effects you (that is, if it does have a real detrimental impact on you emotionally/mentally). Acne isn't just a physical condition, it's also a psychological one, or at least it can become psychological the longer you have it and the more it interferes with your daily life. You just need to weigh the possible consequences with how badly you want clear skin (which isn't always a guarantee with Accutane, since not everyone stays clear in the long term), and if you think it might benefit your skin as well as your mental health, I'd say go for it. Just know what your getting yourself into and moniter your side effects carefully.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 10/03/2012 2:24 am

how long (months) were you on minocycyline for?

MemberMember
(@needadvice124)

Posted : 10/03/2012 1:48 pm

6 months on mino, back from the derm, getting accutane. bloodwork is 10/9 2;30pm

MemberMember
(@emp2thy)

Posted : 10/03/2012 5:24 pm

It REALLY irritates me how people like you think you have acne, and need accutane for something so small like that..

I would seriously give up a lot to have your kind of skin.

But no..you don't need accutane.

MemberMember
(@maximusblack)

Posted : 10/03/2012 8:08 pm

I'd give a million to have skin remotely close to that. Really.

MemberMember
(@needadvice124)

Posted : 10/03/2012 9:37 pm

Sorry to upset some of you, but it's equally as annoying..

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 10/04/2012 3:25 am

6 months on mino, back from the derm, getting accutane. bloodwork is 10/9 2;30pm

6 months straight? What was the dosage?

IMO, you do realize accutane can cause a potential HUGE breakout, right?

Also, how did you convince your derm to give you accutane, with such mild acne?

thanks

MemberMember
(@needadvice124)

Posted : 10/04/2012 7:59 pm

thanks

thanks

yes I'm aware, and because I told him about what i've been going through and I've been there many times, this acne may be mild but extremely persistent.

MemberMember
(@bobby-stephenson)

Posted : 10/04/2012 8:45 pm

I take accutane so my skin can look 1/2 as good. I don't understand you.

MemberMember
(@needadvice124)

Posted : 10/04/2012 9:12 pm

I understand but, this stuff is annoying and unfortunately It's not my only serious skin problem which I have burden by. This is the LAST thing I wanna see when I look in the mirror. and it's actually taken such a huge effect on my life it usually worse(the acne). I just want it GONE. Sorry if this is making angry.

MemberMember
(@torquemonster)

Posted : 10/05/2012 3:03 am

NeedAdvice, why do you come on here asking for people's opinion and then openly disregard what they say? It's rude bro.

Good luck. I sense you are a young person that is about to learn the first big lesson of his life.

MemberMember
(@tuffluck)

Posted : 10/05/2012 8:17 am

If thats seriously causing you psychological issues to the point you would risk taking accutane which can come with a huge list of side effects than you need to start looking inside of you and working on yourself mentally. I am not saying it shouldn't bother you (although many would argue it shouldnt), thats your right... but the fact that the issue is SO incredibly mild and that you would risk your health for such a miniscule issue is bothersome.

To answer your question. No.. don't do it. Straight up... if you go on accutane... the chances of you looking from years from now and being full of regret b/c now you have a shot liver and God knows what else is not worth it. Visit the accutane logs and read up on the issues people are facing from taking it. GL.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 10/05/2012 8:50 am

what do you mean?

MemberMember
(@needadvice124)

Posted : 10/06/2012 4:43 pm

If thats seriously causing you psychological issues to the point you would risk taking accutane which can come with a huge list of side effects than you need to start looking inside of you and working on yourself mentally. I am not saying it shouldn't bother you (although many would argue it shouldnt), thats your right... but the fact that the issue is SO incredibly mild and that you would risk your health for such a miniscule issue is bothersome.

To answer your question. No.. don't do it. Straight up... if you go on accutane... the chances of you looking from years from now and being full of regret b/c now you have a shot liver and God knows what else is not worth it. Visit the accutane logs and read up on the issues people are facing from taking it. GL.

It's not so much that I'm asking for advice but rather showing people what I am going on accutane & to see there opinions, I'm not actually going to not take the drug just because someone leaves a comment giving me reasons not to, but simply just to take someone elses' input on this.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 10/06/2012 7:24 pm

Everyone has an opinion but at the end of the day, the choice is yours. In general, it is easier for others to judge especially when they have found something that works for them or are making progress.

Bashing someones decision is definitely not helpful and not in the least bit supportive and that's what these boards are SUPPOSED to be all about.

NeedAdvice, if we are going by the acne grading system, then your acne would probably be considered mild. With that said it probably does have a deep emotional impact on you and drags down your self esteem as it does for everyone. Is self esteem something we all could work on, ABSOLUTELY (and that's something you can look into). Does caring about your appearance and maybe caring how you're perceived make you a bad person, ABSOLUTELY NOT - it makes you human.

It seems that you did not make this decision lightly and that you've tried other avenues. You sound like a smart person so i am sure that you are aware of the impact accutane can have on you long after your course is done. But if having acne is going to distress you to the point where you can't LIVE YOUR LIFE, then do what you feel you need to do.

I always say that there is no fulfillment in being rich if you don't have good people around you and there's no fulfillment in spending years searching for an all natural acne cure if its all you do and your life stops as a result. When life is so unpredictable and death can happen at any time, looking into accutane may not be such a bad thing after all (not advocating it but saying that the individual needs to weigh their pros and cons without people judging and criticizing)

MemberMember
(@john-madden)

Posted : 10/07/2012 3:18 am

Holy hell, I'm on three different prescriptions at the moment and as soon as I think my skin is finally looking good i see this shit. It makes me think what people actually think of my skin if you think yours is so bad you need accutane.

MemberMember
(@needadvice124)

Posted : 10/07/2012 1:37 pm

Everyone has an opinion but at the end of the day, the choice is yours. In general, it is easier for others to judge especially when they have found something that works for them or are making progress.

Bashing someones decision is definitely not helpful and not in the least bit supportive and that's what these boards are SUPPOSED to be all about.

NeedAdvice, if we are going by the acne grading system, then your acne would probably be considered mild. With that said it probably does have a deep emotional impact on you and drags down your self esteem as it does for everyone. Is self esteem something we all could work on, ABSOLUTELY (and that's something you can look into). Does caring about your appearance and maybe caring how you're perceived make you a bad person, ABSOLUTELY NOT - it makes you human.

It seems that you did not make this decision lightly and that you've tried other avenues. You sound like a smart person so i am sure that you are aware of the impact accutane can have on you long after your course is done. But if having acne is going to distress you to the point where you can't LIVE YOUR LIFE, then do what you feel you need to do.

I always say that there is no fulfillment in being rich if you don't have good people around you and there's no fulfillment in spending years searching for an all natural acne cure if its all you do and your life stops as a result. When life is so unpredictable and death can happen at any time, looking into accutane may not be such a bad thing after all (not advocating it but saying that the individual needs to weigh their pros and cons without people judging and criticizing)

Thanks for this I enjoyed reading, it I really did. However it has impacted to a point where IT IS stopping me from living my life. You other people have to understand that I am living with not only acne but with other skin problems that WILL not go away and this is just the icing on the cake to say the least.

Pictures in DAYLIGHT - these may be a bit better for you to understand. (picture was taken with flash)

3XbBm.jpg

MemberMember
(@wavy)

Posted : 10/07/2012 7:30 pm

if its persistent and you've tried other medication but those didn't work for you

MemberMember
(@needadvice124)

Posted : 10/07/2012 11:10 pm

if its persistent and you've tried other medication but those didn't work for you

I'm sorry what?

MemberMember
(@bennybenno)

Posted : 10/07/2012 11:33 pm

Do not poison your body due to those tiny red bumps man. You will look back on this all in a few years and realise that a few pimples are not important.

I spend years of my teenage life hiding away being anti social all worried about shit on my face (was worse that yours but nothing serious) and now I look back and wish I could have those years back.

MemberMember
(@needadvice124)

Posted : 10/07/2012 11:43 pm

Do not poison your body due to those tiny red bumps man. You will look back on this all in a few years and realise that a few pimples are not important.

I spend years of my teenage life hiding away being anti social all worried about shit on my face (was worse that yours but nothing serious) and now I look back and wish I could have those years back.

Yeah I don't literally let it STOP my life, I go out, I sitll do my thing, But however I CANNOT EAT ANYTHING without hundreds of thoughts going through my mind am i going to break out ect ect, I try SO HARD. Taking that extra 15 minutes in the bathroom before school in the morning applying topicals which in the end make me late for school. I can't even enjoy my drunk anymore. My most favorite thing to do on the weekends drink maybe once a weekend sometimes not but when I do, I feel like complete shit because I know I will wake up with more pimples, ect. Feel my face by accident and feeling a few new bumps that wasn't there in the morning and that completely turning my mood. I mean I just want this shit gone and I know accutane can do it for me I really do.