Notifications
Clear all

Really Upset ... Is A Second Round Of Accutane Necessary?

MemberMember
(@nickireland7yahoo-com)

Posted : 10/01/2012 7:58 pm

Okay, so I finished my first round of accutane in May, and to tell the truth, I haven't been 100% clear since then. I've always had an odd pimple or so, not completely clear. And for the past month and a half or so, I'm breaking out more and more in different places. Right now, I probably have one cystic thing near my hairline, a big zit on my chin, and swollen whiteheads near where sideburns would be.

I am a very hygienic person; I wash my face twice a day with a gentle cleanser, and moisturize in the morning. I sometimes spot treat with sulfur at night and I do an oatmeal mask once a week now to keep the swelling and redness down in new pimples.

I've counted, and I have probably 1 or 2 whiteheads on my forehead, with on very swollen one near my hairline, three white heads on the left near the hairline, and two on the right. And A big zit on my chin and two tiny ones on my upper lip.

This is very discouraging. It keeps getting worse and worse; I'm 16 and a half now, I turned 16 when I finished my first dose.

Would it be premature or ridiculous to ask for a second course of accutane? I mean, my skin isn't terrible, and in some places it's pretty clear (even though it's starting to get clogged/congested). I had many week-two week breaks during the course, and I was wondering if maybe this could do anything to the permanent results??

Just wondering about your ideas on this, and if you've had similar experiences... I've just heard that people have "Perfect Skin," at least for a few months before they get "tiny tiny zits".

MemberMember
(@katylou)

Posted : 10/02/2012 5:11 am

I'm in a similar situation to you - I finished accutane in June, and had perfect skin for while. Now the spots are starting to come back a bit, though nothing like as bad as before. I would never go back on Accutane because I got bad side effects from it but everyone reacts differently to it so you might be okay..

However, as you said your acne's not too bad at the moment it might be worth trying other things before going back on it. You could try using topical medication, I found Adapalene gel to be the best.