Notifications
Clear all

How Long Will It Take Aloe Vera To Make A Noticeable Difference?

MemberMember
(@thetruthhurts)

Posted : 09/30/2012 2:46 pm

I'm currently using aloe vera straight from the plant mixed with billy bees honey (pure aloe feels tight and dryish on the face skin) for my dark pots. (though the dark spots are not recent- around 7-9 months old from whiteheads) I 'm wondering how long will it take until the aloe will make a noticeable difference to my hyper-pigmentation/ dark spots if anyone knows. Also how consistent will I have to use it?

I know that it might not make a difference on the healing speed but since it doesn't break me out at all, I'll use it.

MemberMember
(@nfamousjade)

Posted : 09/30/2012 4:51 pm

I saw a difference in Like two weeks if you use it consistently. Like every night. I used aloe vera every night and I love it! I've been using it since may and my skin is completely clear. Not perfect but my skin is very even.

MemberMember
(@thetruthhurts)

Posted : 09/30/2012 6:50 pm

I saw a difference in Like two weeks if you use it consistently. Like every night. I used aloe vera every night and I love it! I've been using it since may and my skin is completely clear. Not perfect but my skin is very even.

Did you use it on Uneven area's ( if you had any) or purely on hyper-pigmentation/ dark spots? Also do you mix it with any thing or just plain aloe vera? Lastly, how long do/ did you leave it on for every night?

EDIT: Also, how bad was your dark spots/ uneven areas before you used it? Any other tips and tricks you can tell me? Thanks!

MemberMember
(@nfamousjade)

Posted : 09/30/2012 10:52 pm

Did you use it on Uneven area's ( if you had any) or purely on hyper-pigmentation/ dark spots? Also do you mix it with any thing or just plain aloe vera? Lastly, how long do/ did you leave it on for every night?

EDIT: Also, how bad was your dark spots/ uneven areas before you used it? Any other tips and tricks you can tell me? Thanks!

I applied it all over my face so it could help my skin overall plus my spots/hyperpigmentation. And I just apply plain old aloe vera. And I leave it on all night and wash it off every morning. And my spots were pretty bad, I'm darker skinned so my spots were pretty dark. And just keep doing it regardless if ur don't see improvement right away. Its great for skin and makes it look better.

MemberMember
(@thetruthhurts)

Posted : 10/01/2012 5:07 pm

I applied it all over my face so it could help my skin overall plus my spots/hyperpigmentation. And I just apply plain old aloe vera. And I leave it on all night and wash it off every morning. And my spots were pretty bad, I'm darker skinned so my spots were pretty dark. And just keep doing it regardless if ur don't see improvement right away. Its great for skin and makes it look better.

Thanks for the reply! I'm curious though, what is your routine like for mornings and night? Do you exfoliate often? And how bad was your uneven areas. (if you had any) I just want to sorta compare and figure out if our skin type is similar though I know everyone is different.

Also do you know if aloe vera could possibly make the dark spots even darker? And that tight feeling after the aloe has dried, is it "locking" the moisture in the skin or is it "sucking" the moisture out (if that is even possible). I'm still new at understanding moisture in the skin and how it can be lost and kept.

Thanks again!

MemberMember
(@nfamousjade)

Posted : 10/04/2012 9:30 pm

Thanks for the reply! I'm curious though, what is your routine like for mornings and night? Do you exfoliate often? And how bad was your uneven areas. (if you had any) I just want to sorta compare and figure out if our skin type is similar though I know everyone is different.

Also do you know if aloe vera could possibly make the dark spots even darker? And that tight feeling after the aloe has dried, is it "locking" the moisture in the skin or is it "sucking" the moisture out (if that is even possible). I'm still new at understanding moisture in the skin and how it can be lost and kept.

Thanks again!

So in the morning I basically use St. Ives apricot scrub and the moisturize with murad oil control mattifier spf15. And at night I was my face with St. Ives scrub again and then apply acne. Org BP let it dry the apply aloe vera. And then wash it off im the morning.I know were not supposed to exfoliate that often but It just works for me. Every other night I scrub with baking soda. And my areas weren't too horrible but they were still dark. Like everytime I would get a cyst it would leave a dark spot especially if I messed with it. Made me so sad. Lol

And honestly I've never noticed it making my spots darker but lighter for sure! This is great stuff! And a lot of ppl say it makes there skin feel tight but I believe it locks in the moisture because when I rinse it off my skin doesnt feel dry. I think you should do your research on aloe and how it works. But from a person who has used it, definitely give it a try it has no drawbacks. Just benefits. :) let me know if ur have any questions.

MemberMember
(@bleu0621)

Posted : 03/06/2013 3:13 am

Does aloe vera help with blemishes and what not?

MemberMember
(@grpm)

Posted : 03/06/2013 3:29 pm

Use a chemical peel:

Pre-Peel Salicylic Deep Gel Exfoliating Cleanser: [Removed]

Lactic Acid 50% Gel Peel: [Removed]

Hydrating Repair Peptide Wrinkle Cream (Post Peel): [Removed]