Notifications
Clear all

Aloe Vera Detox And Glutathione - My Experience And Need Advice

MemberMember
(@vienn01)

Posted : 09/30/2012 2:44 pm

Hey everyone,

I'd like to share my experience about these and would like to get any advice from those who are already on this regimen.

I started taking fresh Aloe Vera juice for detoxification purposes, 1200 mg glutathione capsules and Vitamin C tablets. I already had an experience with glutathione last year and it really cleared up my skin. Problem is since I moved here in Dubai where the brand of glutathione that works for me is not available, I stopped taking it and after a couple of months, my acne came back. I have whiteheads, pustules and papules.Now that I managed to find someone who ships the brand of glutathione I want here in Dubai promptly, I'm looking to take it regularly in addition to fresh aloe vera juice as I intend to detoxify my system and treat my acne in the process.

As i mentioned, I started taking fresh aloe vera juice, together with Vitamin C and glutathione.

Here's my experience. In the first few days of use, I started breaking out more than usual. My face becomes more oily as well. Last week, I had this really large, pus-filled pimple at the center of my nose and it was really embarassing. I also have one large pimple bump at my back which is unusual because I've never had pimples in that area before.

It's already 4 weeks since I started on these. I'm almost finished with my first bottle of glutathione. I have an olive skin tone and I noticed a slight lightening of my skin color. The breakouts are less terrible but I'm still getting them. I try to reduce the swelling by dabbing them with the juice of garlic at night before going to bed.

I read somewhere here and in other websites that going on a detox can cause breakouts. Could the combination of these two be the reason why I'm breaking out more than usual?

Anyone who had experience with detox and glutathione? I'm not sure If I'm on the right track because it's already 4 weeks now and I'm still breaking out although they're less bad now and some have completely healed like the large pus filled pimple I got last week.

Any advice?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 09/30/2012 4:25 pm

Yeah I've never had experience with a detox (but have always wanted to) and I've heard it can make your skin purge super crazy-like. Try drinking a whole cup of lemon juice (warm or cold, diluted or straight, whatever your preference) every morning at least 30 minutes before breakfast. I noticed a definite change and am going back to that starting tomorrow morning, I just love natural remedies.

And if it's only been a month I would give it more time. Most products need at least 2 or 3 months to really see the change you're looking for. Hang in thereThere's really no harm, right? Maybe your skin is just lightening because of the weather and not being in the sun? I'm not too sure and not familiar with glutathione, is it? But be careful and research everything and I bet you will find out what will work for you.

I like to put honey on as a mask with a little lemon juice every other night to keep my skin nice and clean. But that's because I'm trying to fade my hyperpigmentation and if you're not trying to lighten your skin it wouldn't obviously be the best of ideas but if you don't already use honey you should try it. (:

MemberMember
(@vienn01)

Posted : 10/01/2012 11:05 am

Yeah I've never had experience with a detox (but have always wanted to) and I've heard it can make your skin purge super crazy-like. Try drinking a whole cup of lemon juice (warm or cold, diluted or straight, whatever your preference) every morning at least 30 minutes before breakfast. I noticed a definite change and am going back to that starting tomorrow morning, I just love natural remedies.

And if it's only been a month I would give it more time. Most products need at least 2 or 3 months to really see the change you're looking for. Hang in thereThere's really no harm, right? Maybe your skin is just lightening because of the weather and not being in the sun? I'm not too sure and not familiar with glutathione, is it? But be careful and research everything and I bet you will find out what will work for you.

I like to put honey on as a mask with a little lemon juice every other night to keep my skin nice and clean. But that's because I'm trying to fade my hyperpigmentation and if you're not trying to lighten your skin it wouldn't obviously be the best of ideas but if you don't already use honey you should try it. (:

Thanks for the advice clambak3. Lemon juice? I haven't tried that but yeah makes sense. I head it's nice for detox as well. I think I'm gonna try that.

Well, the first time I took glutathione which was last year, my acne has really cleared up after the first bottle. Now though, it's taking longer.

Maybe I'm just being impatient, lol. Anyway I'm past the worst breakouts and they're clearing up so yeah, maybe I'll stck with it.

I actually like the lightening effect of glutathione partly because it helps my acne scars and evens out my skin tone. And also because I really like to whiten my skin tone. I wash my face wth black pearl soap which helps whiten the scars as well and it's so cool to the skin. biggrin.png

And honey mask! Yup, I do that too. Honey with oats. Not as often as I want to however because I always come tired at night and lazy to prepare the mask.

Anyway, thanks again for your advice. I'll be posting my progress here.

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 10/03/2012 7:27 pm

Hmmm maybe I need to try this stuff out :P black pearl soap? O_O what's that?

And good I hope that it works for you. You sound like you've got your stuff together I bet your skin will look amazing!

I get lazy too lol but thankfully not too lazy to forget to wash my face. I used to do that a lot at night. I just bought some black soap and sulfur soap I'm so excited for them bothhhh ^_^

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 10/06/2012 9:46 am

Yep, aloe vera can for 100% sure cause breakouts...when I was about 12, my grandma bought loads of bottles of aloe vera juice for me to drink, to help with my acne. In the first 2 weeks, my face looked like hell. I had lots of new cysts and pustules that were very, very painful. After a month my skin looked a lot better, however it never got rid of my blackheads or bumps. I stopped taking aloe vera after around 6 months, and my acne kept improving, but I think that was due to hormones. I stopped getting bad acne by the time I was around 14.

So yes, aloe vera will detox the hell out of your body...it will drive out all the nasties through your skin.

MemberMember
(@vienn01)

Posted : 10/06/2012 5:01 pm

Hmmm maybe I need to try this stuff out tongue.png black pearl soap? saywhat.gif what's that?

And good I hope that it works for you. You sound like you've got your stuff together I bet your skin will look amazing!

I get lazy too lol but thankfully not too lazy to forget to wash my face. I used to do that a lot at night. I just bought some black soap and sulfur soap I'm so excited for them bothhhh amused.gif

I'm not sure what my black pearl soap has something to do with black pearl, I think it's because it's round-shaped and colored black like well... a black pearl, lolgrinwink.gif

It's a whitening soap that I use for my acne scars and it's so cool to the skin when you wash with it. I can notice the difference in just the first wash.

Well, 5 weeks since starting Aloe Vera and still breaking out. The large one at the center of my nose came back. Aaarrgh!angry.png

Yeah, never miss cleansing the face before going to bed. Let me know how your soaps are working out for you. I had an experience with sulfur and didn't do much for me. Maybe it's the sulfur content or the brand i dunno know

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 10/06/2012 5:27 pm

I have barely been using those soaps but lemme tell you I don't know how I ever managed to live without them!! I'm using Grisi sulfur soap and Dudu Osun black soap that I bought off of Amazon. Whoa is all I can say. I use the black soap in the AM and the sulfur soap in the PM.

I use grapeseed oil and 20% Vitamin C Serum as a moisturizer. Sometimes I mix in a little tea tree oil at night. My face is as smooth as EVER and my dark spots are beginning to become a thing of the past. I have never been happier about the progress of my skin!! Since going all natural I would never, EVER go back to those harsh cleansers, toners, or moisturizers. Nature knows best I've learned.

I used to use aloe vera topically with extra virgin olive oil to remove my makeup and I never quite found out which one broke me out the most. They both only gave me teeny tiny bumps around my chin and mouth. So not fun. And it helps with stomach pains, aloe, but it also tastes kinda weird and like armadillo said can make your skin go nuts from ridding your body of all that crud. I use aloe for all sorts of burns and to help my skin heal faster but never on my face anymore.

I only have one active pimple, a white head. That I have kept my hands away from and it's practically gone. ^_^ I'm so happy and want to share it with the whole world! I hope everyone finds what works for them. :)

MemberMember
(@vienn01)

Posted : 10/07/2012 6:31 am

Yep, aloe vera can for 100% sure cause breakouts...when I was about 12, my grandma bought loads of bottles of aloe vera juice for me to drink, to help with my acne. In the first 2 weeks, my face looked like hell. I had lots of new cysts and pustules that were very, very painful. After a month my skin looked a lot better, however it never got rid of my blackheads or bumps. I stopped taking aloe vera after around 6 months, and my acne kept improving, but I think that was due to hormones. I stopped getting bad acne by the time I was around 14.

So yes, aloe vera will detox the hell out of your body...it will drive out all the nasties through your skin.

One thing i noticed with aloe vera is that it kinda affects my bowel movement. In the first few days, it was slow and sluggish. But last night, i started frequenting the toilet. Not sure if it's the aloe vera doing that or I'm just having diarrhea. I woke up at 4am because my stomach was revolting against me. It's my 3rd time to sit on the toilet today. No new breakouts though. :)

Experienced anything like that before with aloe vera?

MemberMember
(@vienn01)

Posted : 10/07/2012 7:15 am

I have barely been using those soaps but lemme tell you I don't know how I ever managed to live without them!! I'm using Grisi sulfur soap and Dudu Osun black soap that I bought off of Amazon. Whoa is all I can say. I use the black soap in the AM and the sulfur soap in the PM.

I use grapeseed oil and 20% Vitamin C Serum as a moisturizer. Sometimes I mix in a little tea tree oil at night. My face is as smooth as EVER and my dark spots are beginning to become a thing of the past. I have never been happier about the progress of my skin!! Since going all natural I would never, EVER go back to those harsh cleansers, toners, or moisturizers. Nature knows best I've learned.

I used to use aloe vera topically with extra virgin olive oil to remove my makeup and I never quite found out which one broke me out the most. They both only gave me teeny tiny bumps around my chin and mouth. So not fun. And it helps with stomach pains, aloe, but it also tastes kinda weird and like armadillo said can make your skin go nuts from ridding your body of all that crud. I use aloe for all sorts of burns and to help my skin heal faster but never on my face anymore.

I only have one active pimple, a white head. That I have kept my hands away from and it's practically gone. amused.gif I'm so happy and want to share it with the whole world! I hope everyone finds what works for them. smile.png

Never heard of Dudu Osun soap before. That sounds interesting. Don't the serum, grapeseed oil and tea tree oil feel greasy to the skin? As for me, I'm wary of using oil-based products as my skin is oily and such kind of products tend to break me out.

Nice to hear that your regimen is working out well for you. I also prefer the natural route so cheers to that :)

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 10/07/2012 9:11 am

One thing i noticed with aloe vera is that it kinda affects my bowel movement. In the first few days, it was slow and sluggish. But last night, i started frequenting the toilet. Not sure if it's the aloe vera doing that or I'm just having diarrhea. I woke up at 4am because my stomach was revolting against me. It's my 3rd time to sit on the toilet today. No new breakouts though. smile.png

Experienced anything like that before with aloe vera?

lol, I didn't want to go into too much detail, but I also had a digestive change while taking aloe vera, I believe it also cleanses your intestines somewhat, hence of it being very popular as a detoxing product. surprised.gif

MemberMember
(@thatnameistaken)

Posted : 04/03/2013 6:34 am

Over the years I tried everything for my acne, and I mean EVERYTHING, but nothing really worked. Finally, at the age of 37, still with acne, but with wrinkles now too wink.png, I found out the cure for my acne. I found out quite by accident. I was doing an allergy elimination diet (the Failsafe diet in case anyone wants to know) to figure out what was causing my hayfever. One of things I needed to eliminate was dairy products. After two weeks without them, I had to start eating dairy products like crazy to see if they prompted any reaction. I didn't get hayfever, but I did get pimples - lots of them. That told me clearly that dairy was causing my bad skin. I had never suspected that something so simple could be the cause and the cure.

Now I avoid all dairy products and I have skin like a baby's bottom. Clear, fine, smooth, no visible pores, no blackheads on my nose, no cysts, no whiteheads, no angry red patches and no pimples. Not a one. It's been so long since I had a pimple that all my scars have faded. It's the skin I always dreamed of. Interestingly, avoiding dairy also makes the dark circles under my eyes disappear, meaning I look fresher and younger, and generally healthier.

Recently scientists have confirmed a strong link between dairy products and acne. Just google "acne and dairy" and you'll find a wealth of information.

So eliminating dairy might be worth a try. I just hope somebody else can read this post and benefit from it. I wish I had found out sooner!

While avoiding dairy is by far the most important thing I've ever done to improve my skin, a couple of other things stand out from all of my experiments over the years. Firstly, I used to get pimples worse on the right side of my face - the side I slept on. When I changed my pillow from a synthetic one to a feather one, I noticed the pimples definitely reduced. This is because the feathers allow the air to circulate around my skin, while the synthetic pillow didn't. I was spending eight hours with my face plastered against sweaty plastic. (My husband used to get ear infections in his right ear for the same reason.) So changing to a feather/breathable pillow might be worth trying!

Next, I have noticed an improvement of the quality of the skin on my face since I started doing dry-brushing of my body each day (you can look up dry-brushing on the internet). Yoga also seems to improve skin problems for a lot of people as well. The reason for both of these is probably lymphatic drainage. Both activities improve lymphatic circulation within the body. This improves hormonal balance, and improves the removal of toxins from the body. In turn, skin is improved.

I like to use oil as a cleanser and I find it much better than fancy products which dry your skin and cause imbalances and breakouts. I have a lovely scented almond oil, but vaseline or olive oil works just as well. I smooth it on and then use a hot steaming wash cloth, wrung out, to gently wipe the make-up from my face. I do this several times until there is no trace of oil or make-up on my face.

Lastly, avoid sugar. Sugar makes you look old. Refined sugar consumption has been scientifically proven to age you, inside and out. People with high blood sugar look older than those with low blood sugar. I wish somebody had told me this sooner. Cutting sugar from your diet is probably one of the most significant things you can do for your skin, and your health.

I hope my experience can help someone!!