Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
word

Tetracycline log

Its my turn to get clear and finally have my life back. I got prescribed 500MG of Tetracycline for four months, I was on Doxy but for only a month so I told my doctor I needed to be on the medication longer to see effects.

Day 2:

I just popped the first pill, and put on some Bp. Waiting for the Bp to try up and then I'll apply sunblock and go about my life with my friends.

Good luck. Im also on 500 mg twice daily of Tetracycline, and am also doing Dan's regimen for washing/topical.

I've been doing it for about 2.5 months now, and have shown AMAZING improvement, I have basically very little to no active acne anymore, down from moderate/severe. My red marks are fading too.

Just dont forget to keep with it, unfortunately you wont see great results for 4-6 weeks.

Glad to hear that guys, hopefully it helps me out to.

Day 3:

Two whiteheads going down in size thx to 10% bp and also got rid of a few blackheads thx to cnc bhcs

one new little zit on my nose, but that will go away overnight probly

Just a little warning: I was on tetra for 3months and it made my acne worse week 1-10, but then 10-12week it cleared my cystic acne 100% biggrin.gif SO be patient smile.gif

ive been on tetracycline for about a month and im going through a massive outbreak but i expected this plus the drug done wonders for me last time. Anyway is anyone experiencing dry hair off this?

Chris

hey, im on doxy..only one pil a day tho sad.gif ..wish i was prescribed more..see my doxy post, am seeing results even after a week smile.gif ...do u know if taking b5 with this is dangerous? even like..taking it 6 hours ofter doxy? thanks..izzo

When I was on Tetracycline, I saw results within a month. I stopped breaking out for a few days during that month which was spectacular.

Its my turn to get clear and finally have my life back. I got prescribed 500MG of Tetracycline for four months, I was on Doxy but for only a month so I told my doctor I needed to be on the medication longer to see effects.

Day 2:

I just popped the first pill, and put on some Bp. Waiting for the Bp to try up and then I'll apply sunblock and go about my life with my friends.

It doesn't really matter, as long as my acne dies down. I have one little whitehead, and another big one on my forehead that's going away.

Hope it works well for you! I took tetra for about a year, but for some reason I only received 100mg pills twice a day. I then took mono for about 2 years same thing 100mg twice a day. Anybody else have this low of a dosage before? I've had small to medium amounts of acne since I was 18. The pills worked well for me because anytime I would stop taking them I would breakout. The only thing was I could never clear up all the way, or the acne would always come back. I'm sick of taking pills, so I just jumped to accutane, and I hope to never take another pill for acne in about 4 1/2 months. Does anybody think 3 years of antibiotics sound like a bad thing or not normal? I hope it solves your problems and you dont have to take the pills as long as I did. I never had a problem taking the pills, but maybe because I took 100mg pills.