Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pistollobsta

Question For The Women, Possibly Tmi

I am currently about 6 weeks into my Accutane course.

For the past 2-3 years, I have had a hard cyst-like knot on my bikini line. It doesn't hurt, but it is hard and seems to fluctuate in size from say, dime-size to nickel-size. I asked my waxer about it when I first noticed it and she said it was possibly and ingrown hair and to just keep exfoliating the area. Well that was a couple of years ago and it is still there so doubt that it is an ingrown hair. I've both waxed and shaved the area and neither seem to aggrevate it. I know that there are lymph nodes in the area so I then asked my dr. about it. She didn't seem to concerned that it was anything serious. Like I said, no pain, no real inflammation, just a hard little knot that sometimes fluctuates in size. Does anyone get cysts or anything like this? I'm curious as to if it may go away with the Accutane.

did you show it to your dermatologist or primary care doctor? the way you describe it does not seen to me that is actually a cystic, it could be something else, because it increase in size from time to time, i suggest you to show it to your primary doctor and dermatology (both), so that you have two different opinion, your primary care doctor can referral you to do a biopsy and of course you dermatology specialize in skin care so in my opinion i will be good idea to let her see it.

I have had a cyst under my armpit for a couple of years. It's the same thing for me. It gets bigger after I shave, and it doesn't hurt at all. I've been to the doctors as well. I was told that it's fine, but I should go back if it becomes painful or larger than normal.