Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jkel777

Accutane Prescription Renewal Process?

Hey everyone,

I currently got my second month's prescription of Accutane yesterday, and the process was a complete mess! First thing that day, I went to the dermatologist for my blood test, was given the OK, then went to classes. After I got back, I went to the pharmacy to pick it up. They got my prescription, except that they didn't have any in stock and I'd have to wait until Monday for the prescription to be filled. Now, I wasn't going to go without Accutane for three days (two days ago, Thursday, was my last day of the first month, and I was out), so I had to bounce through about four different pharmacies until one finally had it in stock!

Long story short, I don't want that to happen again. So can someone fill me in on the exact process of renewing an Accutane prescription? I believe my dermatologist said I only had to have that one follow up blood test (the one I got yesterday morning) and then that was it in terms of blood tests. However, there are zero refills listed on the Accutane box. How do I go about refilling it so I don't miss any days of taking Accutane?

Also, I got Claravis this time instead of Amnesteem, which I was on during the first month. I'm assuming there's no difference between generic brands, as it's the same active ingredient (Isotretinoin)? Is it ok to switch generic brands mid course?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!