Notifications
Clear all

Actually Don't Want To Go On Vacation:/

MemberMember
(@someclearday)

Posted : 09/29/2012 1:53 pm

I'm so upset ugh. Idk why I always do this and always right before I have to be somewhere. I had a small pimple on an otherwise okay face that I just had to go and pick at and now it's a weeping/trying to scab over mark. If I had just left the damn thing alone it would have gone away on its own in a day or two. The worst part is I leave for a cruise on Monday and I have no idea what to do with this thing. Wear makeup? No make up at all and just let it heal, but have people stare, or just go with a small band aid over it all week? I needed this vacation to relax but now I'm going to be so uptight the whole time, even though I know I'll never see these people again. Thanks for reading my vent :( I feel like I'm adding up how many possible full days of healing I can get in before I leave.

MemberMember
(@whatthekell)

Posted : 09/29/2012 2:11 pm

omg you sound just like me about 3 months ago. go out and get "clean and clear popped pimple relief"

if you squeezed the hell out of it and got no where, as in it's still full of pus but you can't get it, this cream overnight will bring it to a head. it always worked for me. not only that, when you wear it again the night after you popped it, it should scab over and be able to peel away and be covered nicely with makeup.

i hope it works for you! and keep in mind, nobody gives a shit. we only notice our zits because we obsess over them. everybody else will look over it. yea you might catch someone look at it briefly, but honestly we do the same to others. it's natural. but nobody's thinking omg that girl has a big scab! enjoy your vaca! =)

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 09/29/2012 2:42 pm

omg you sound just like me about 3 months ago. go out and get "clean and clear popped pimple relief"

if you squeezed the hell out of it and got no where, as in it's still full of pus but you can't get it, this cream overnight will bring it to a head. it always worked for me. not only that, when you wear it again the night after you popped it, it should scab over and be able to peel away and be covered nicely with makeup.

i hope it works for you! and keep in mind, nobody gives a shit. we only notice our zits because we obsess over them. everybody else will look over it. yea you might catch someone look at it briefly, but honestly we do the same to others. it's natural. but nobody's thinking omg that girl has a big scab! enjoy your vaca! =)

I agreed! People won't care.. Only your friends might 'cause that's how it is =\. I'm glad I don't have friends.. I had one who used to comment my skin sometimes when it got worse. He was my only friend.. I know if I had more, they would comment. Don't worry, people won't care besides your close real friends, have fun.

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 09/29/2012 4:14 pm

I agreed! People won't care.. Only your friends might 'cause that's how it is =\. I'm glad I don't have friends.. I had one who used to comment my skin sometimes when it got worse. He was my only friend.. I know if I had more, they would comment. Don't worry, people won't care besides your close real friends, have fun.

im pretty sure you just had the wrong friends

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 09/29/2012 4:22 pm

I only had one. I've seen people here that their friends comment their skin, so it does happen. I think that's cause they care and want to help.

It was just my opinion. I could be wrong about it :)

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 09/29/2012 8:53 pm

I only had one. I've seen people here that their friends comment their skin, so it does happen. I think that's cause they care and want to help.

It was just my opinion. I could be wrong about it smile.png

really? my friends and i complain and make jokes about our skin together XD but i guess guys dont really do that lol

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 09/29/2012 10:24 pm

really? my friends and i complain and make jokes about our skin together XD but i guess guys dont really do that lol

Lol. We don't get to wear make up :(. I would love to cover some spot with make up, but I am a guy :D

MemberMember
(@murph89)

Posted : 09/29/2012 10:38 pm

I'm so upset ugh. Idk why I always do this and always right before I have to be somewhere. I had a small pimple on an otherwise okay face that I just had to go and pick at and now it's a weeping/trying to scab over mark. If I had just left the damn thing alone it would have gone away on its own in a day or two. The worst part is I leave for a cruise on Monday and I have no idea what to do with this thing. Wear makeup? No make up at all and just let it heal, but have people stare, or just go with a small band aid over it all week? I needed this vacation to relax but now I'm going to be so uptight the whole time, even though I know I'll never see these people again. Thanks for reading my vent sad.png I feel like I'm adding up how many possible full days of healing I can get in before I leave.

I definitely can relate! I had to meet my family in Washington DC a couple months ago and my skin was horrible. My suggestion would just to take some deep breaths, dont do anything crazy to your skin that might make it worse, and just enjoy yourself. Your going on a cruise! Thats amazing. Dont wear makeup. You are there for yourself, not to impress other people you will never see again in your life. Just try to enjoy yourself. I would kill to go relax on a cruise right now.

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 09/29/2012 10:43 pm

Lol. We don't get to wear make up sad.png. I would love to cover some spot with make up, but I am a guy biggrin.png

hahaa yeah please dont wear makeup. i actually kind of wish i was a guy, cuz then i wouldnt have to wear makeup. i feel like since im a girl with acne im like obligated to wear it to look decent, but for guys its perfectly fine to not cover their zits lol

MemberMember
(@someclearday)

Posted : 09/30/2012 9:26 am

Thanks for the replies everyone! I think I'm just going to slap on a bandaid and a big hat and try not to care. It's good to see I'm kind of the only one that thinks this is a big deal lo,

Lol

MemberMember
(@someclearday)

Posted : 10/05/2012 10:55 pm

So I went and it wasn't that awful. Clearly, it would have been way easier with good skin but there are so many distractions to keep your mind off it. I left it uncovered with no makeup and I'm sure it looked awful but the ocean and sun really helped the healing along a lot. It's just a small spot now that won't scar. I noticed pretty much everyone had some sort of skin ailment so it was good to know I wasn't alone