Notifications
Clear all

Excessive Sweating And Overdrying Skin

MemberMember
(@woah44)

Posted : 09/28/2012 10:36 pm

I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I was on Accutane for 5 months and I've been off of it for about 4 months. My acne came back (not as severe) about a month later and then my dermatologist put me on Epiduo. I've been on Epiduo for about 3 months now and was optimistic, but it doesn't seem like it's working anymore. My problem is I only use it at night (as recommended), but I sweat a lot for no reason and my skin gets really oily, so I'm not sure if I should wash my face because it's been getting pretty dry. Do you guys think I should start using Epiduo twice a day? I'm really confused on what's breaking me out because I've already been on Accutane. Is it hormones, a poor diet, stress, my sweating problem, or a combination of everything?

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 09/28/2012 11:06 pm

I used Epiduo for about a year an a half and it messed up my face pretty badly. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody. When i switched to sulfur i started to see improvements along with taking supplements.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 09/28/2012 11:38 pm

I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I was on Accutane for 5 months and I've been off of it for about 4 months. My acne came back (not as severe) about a month later and then my dermatologist put me on Epiduo. I've been on Epiduo for about 3 months now and was optimistic, but it doesn't seem like it's working anymore. My problem is I only use it at night (as recommended), but I sweat a lot for no reason and my skin gets really oily, so I'm not sure if I should wash my face because it's been getting pretty dry. Do you guys think I should start using Epiduo twice a day? I'm really confused on what's breaking me out because I've already been on Accutane. Is it hormones, a poor diet, stress, my sweating problem, or a combination of everything?

See this thread

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 09/30/2012 6:38 pm

Im having the exact same problems. was on Accutane for 5 months acne started back up again. was put on epiduo. face is oily i sweat alot and have bad scarring now..

MemberMember
(@woah44)

Posted : 10/01/2012 1:12 pm

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to see my derm this friday and ask about the spiro, but knowing her she would probably not allow it. The only things that have seemed to work for me were antibiotics (but made my acne a lottt worst after I was taken off of it) and Accutane, so I might ask to go back on it a second time.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/01/2012 1:17 pm

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to see my derm this friday and ask about the spiro, but knowing her she would probably not allow it. The only things that have seemed to work for me were antibiotics (but made my acne a lottt worst after I was taken off of it) and Accutane, so I might ask to go back on it a second time.

Why not switch derms then? Her job is to help you get clear, not put you on multiple rounds of a drug that already didn't work for you.

MemberMember
(@woah44)

Posted : 10/01/2012 11:55 pm

I would switch my derm if I was absolutely certain that my sweating was the problem, but I don't know that because I remember sweating all the time while on Accutane and not breaking out.

MemberMember
(@13yearsofacne)

Posted : 10/02/2012 1:15 pm

Just to drop my 2 cents in here.

Sweat could be a contributory factor as certain bacteria may metabolise sweat and excrete inflammatory fatty acids.

It's possible this may lead to the formation of hyperkeratotic plugs, resembling acne.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1070840-overview#a0104