Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chelslaw

How Long Does This Peeling Last?

I'm just on day 4 of the regimen and luckily so far havent experienced much redness but my skin is peeling.

Its hard to describe but after i cleanse, BP, and moisturize- if i touch my face (which i do not do often) i can glide my fingers over my cheeks softly and little balls of skin/bp/moisturizer ( i dont know what it is) roll off.. lots of them.

How long does that last? Will your skin always peel/be flaky as long as you are using BP?

I'm following the regimen to a T, very exact. I am just using a small amount of BP and will slowly add more over the next 3 weeks as instructed.

Well if your skin is peeling off your face so freely, I'd guess that you'd have some discomfort and redness at the time? I'm not sure - when my moisturizer was balling up on my face, it was pretty easy to tell that it was not skin.

If it is just product, I found that waiting longer between applying BP and moisturizer, and applying less moisturizer solved the problem.

okay, ill try that out. waiting longer and less moisturizer.

i do find that my acne spots are dry (i only apply liquid cover up on my acne spots if im leaving the house- but i work from home so thats not every day) and they are pretty dry looking. hopefully in the next week or two that subsides?

im breaking out in a couple spots as of today- the large bumps- but im going to just keep keeping on and not mess with them.