Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
michi31

Does Everyone Have Initial Breakout From Spiro?

Just wondering if it is always the case that there is an initial breakout with Spiro. I have had acne on my lower face for years, along with facial hair, and I really think I could benefit from Spiro, however I cannot tolerate such breakouts as people have described here. I want to address scarring I have and not make it worse. Is there anything that can be prescribed alongside Spiro to control the IB? I did try Saw Palmetto for 5 days and it did seem acne got worse...

Also, my testosterone came back on the low end of normal. Anyone else have my issues and low testosterone?

If you have low testosterone spiro is probably not the the treatment for you. Spiro lowers Dihydrotestosterone even further and raises estrogen. You may have "estrogen dominance" which basically means low progesterone. You can treat low progesterone without a prescription. See the bottom link in my sig.

Edited by Green Gables

I'm wondering if my DHT is high - I did not get tested for that. When I went through IVF I took tons of progesterone supplements and had horrible outbreaks! My estrogen is also low...

I'm wondering if my DHT is high - I did not get tested for that. When I went through IVF I took tons of progesterone supplements and had horrible outbreaks! My estrogen is also low...

You may be a completely different case altogether then, if you have low testosterone and estrogen, your body is having trouble producing hormones in general.