Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jojo1989

Question About Lighting

First off, I would like to say hello to everyone on these forums... This is my first post. I'm a male, 23 years old. I've been reading these forums for around two weeks and it's great to see such a supportive and caring community. Wish I had known about this site sooner as I had absolutely terrible acne basically from freshman year of high school up until I was about 21.

Anyway, this post may seem a bit odd to some of you, but bare with me. Okay, so I want to post some pictures on here so I can figure out what type of scars I have and get some input on what type of treatments might work for them. However, when I take pictures of my face, I can't seem to get the scars to show for what they really look like, even in the sunlight. My question is, what is the best lighting/angle to really get scars to show.

Any feedback would be appreciated, and I'm sorry if this is a stupid question... I did use the search function to look up posts about lighting but couldn't really find the answer I was looking for.

First off welcome!

I think the best place to take a pic is in a room with white walls and bright light. ie:bathroom. If you have flash on your camera be sure to turn it on to capture everything!

First off welcome!

I think the best place to take a pic is in a room with white walls and bright light. ie:bathroom. If you have flash on your camera be sure to turn it on to capture everything!

This is good advice. Bonus points for using fluorescent lighting. *shudders*