Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crenfro

Help! What Is This/what Can I Do? [Pics]

Ok so i'm 16 years old and have had acne for about 3 years just like these pictures. I've never had severe acne like big cysts or anything, just consistent mild acne just like this.

I've used several different products, mostly just Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic Acid, and occasionally Triclosan. I admit I am a bad picker just because my acne makes me self conscience about my skin.

I just want to know how bad is this acne and what is it and what I can do about it? ANY help would be appreciated.

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

Honestly, in my opinion, your acne is so mild. You may actually be over treating yourself and making the problem worse, although it's not bad at all. But if it really bothers you, go to a dermatologist. He/she will probably give you a cream or something to put on it and you'll clear right up :)

Whatever you do, don't take antibiotics. It looks like you have mild acne that will go away as you age. Antibiotics cause irreversible damage..

Whatever you do, don't take antibiotics. It looks like you have mild acne that will go away as you age. Antibiotics cause irreversible damage..

What kind of damage do antibiotics cause? eusa_think.gif

Yeast overgrowth that is nearly impossible to get rid of once it takes over - which becomes a precursor to cancer. Also, antibiotics will kill so many of the good bacteria in your gut that some of the strains can actually become extinct.

Yeast overgrowth that is nearly impossible to get rid of once it takes over - which becomes a precursor to cancer. Also, antibiotics will kill so many of the good bacteria in your gut that some of the strains can actually become extinct.

Thanks for the info! Even though I've been on antibiotics (Doxycycline) I'll have to stay away from them.