Notifications
Clear all

What The Heck Is This? (Pictures)

MemberMember
(@grubby456)

Posted : 09/27/2012 4:17 pm

Hey guys, I have been looking for a lot of post to look for someone with the same acne as me and I can't find anything.

/

What the heck is this? Rest of my body is free, a little bit on the back on my shoulder, nothing embarassing..

i don't have oily skin at all, not even sure if my skin is dry.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 09/27/2012 5:26 pm

Hmm it almost looks like a razor burn type thing. You normally don't get acne? And just in that one spot?

MemberMember
(@grubby456)

Posted : 09/27/2012 6:03 pm

hmm I don't think is due to shaving, since I use electric shaver and even If I don't shave I got those pimples.

I have these since a years now, and it's getting worst.

I am currently taking Minocycline and Clindoxyl (Benzaclin) for 2 weeks now, without results...

I think the Clindoxyl could'nt work since I had a very long beard (skin could'nt absorb)

I'm going to stick with this for now, I added B5/L-cystein supplement recently, hoping I'll get better with those.

The only thing that had worked a little bit is Proactiv, but my skin came super oily/flaky and redness were huge.

I don't know what kind of acne is this, haven't find pictures of people like me :/

MemberMember
(@crashoran)

Posted : 09/27/2012 9:46 pm

It's definitely not from shaving, I have the same thing. I would suggest stopping antibiotics and begin taking probiotics immediately (get the highest CFU count you can find)

Whenever people take antibiotics like minocycline, it kills ALL the bacteria in your gut. The good AND bad bacteria. When you have no good bacteria left, the yeast inside of your body (called candida albicans) begin to grow out of control.

Just do a quick test and look at your tongue in the mirror, does it have a white or yellow coating? That's a sign of yeast overgrowth. No doctor will tell you this before they take your money..

MemberMember
(@grubby456)

Posted : 09/27/2012 11:15 pm

I suspected candida for a long time, I also have white weirdo tongue. I did the candida diet & stuff and it didn't helped, I might give another try.

I'm also taking 50 CFU probiotics/day, I have a pack of Candex here which I never tried.

If you have the same thing did you cured it? I feel that the only thing which can help a bit is BP, but definitively not a cure :S

edit: I'm thinking about trying that Hydrogen Peroxide clear stuff, apparently it works pretty well and also cheap

MemberMember
(@mammasay)

Posted : 09/30/2012 11:41 pm

I'm no expert but I've been reading a lot about folliculitis this week (trying to find a cause/solution for my own skin issues) and I remember reading that folliculitis is a common cause of acne in that area, around the mouth. If it's bacterial the antibiotic would help but it could be fungal which might explain why the antibiotic isn't doing anything. You can look for natural antifungals or see if you can get a prescription from a derm.

MemberMember
(@kk808)

Posted : 10/01/2012 1:13 am

Hey Grubby,

I did antibiotics such as doxycycline and just recently did bactrim. The general time span to see results for antibiotics would be between 6-7 weeks minimum. If you don't see an improvement on size and/or frequency then consult your derm again. In my experience I did see results in 6 weeks time, but antibiotics did not remove everything and after about 10 weeks, I was still breaking out here and there so I knew for sure that the acne was not responding well to the antibiotics. Bactrim is a more powerful antibiotic and is different then the tetracycline family. That's another alternative. Then there is isotretinoin, which I'm on right now. I got a post going in the accutane log section.

MemberMember
(@grubby456)

Posted : 10/03/2012 2:59 pm

Have you ever heard about perioral dermatitis? The area around my mouth is kinda flaky & sensitive. I have the opposite of oily skin, my skin isn't oily at all.

After 2 weeks of Minocycline & Benzaclin the bumps are all gone, only redness remains (I can't feel any relief).

I had great sucess with Benzaclin in this past but again I took 3-4 weeks for the rash to comeback. It starts very slowly, after a Benzaclin treatment I am 100% free with few redness ( / )

Then when I stop, the rash start on my chin and around my nostril, and spread slowly everywhere then small papupes appear (can't pop them)

Doctor told me it's different from Acne and that putting too much chemical on my face aggrave it, apparently, the only reason why it's always coming back is because the BP can't finish the job, it only prevent it from popping.

He also said that this time, the Mino should take care of it forever, I hope he's right.

I only have a 8 weeks Mino treatment, I wonder if I should ask for another 4 weeks when I'll be finish, so it won't come back again.

MemberMember
(@freddyharte)

Posted : 10/03/2012 7:06 pm

have you tried a benzoyle peroxide product?

MemberMember
(@grubby456)

Posted : 10/03/2012 9:40 pm

Yep, benzoyl peroxide clear me within months, but it couldn't finish the job. /

If you look at the picture, you can still see the rash on my chin and it doesn't get rid of my redness around nose.

It does a great job tho, better than nothing but well not enough for me.

And when I stop, the rash come back within a month and spread everywhere.

Hopefully the Minocycline could get rid of it :s