Notifications
Clear all

Is There Any Type Of Milk At All You Can Have In Acne Diet ?

MemberMember
(@dcrangersfootballclub)

Posted : 09/27/2012 3:56 pm

Is there any type of milk out there ?

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 09/27/2012 4:01 pm

I'm assuming you're looking for a dairy free product?

Almond milk.

Is it good for acne? I have no idea and not seen any research papers.

As i have said a few times in other threads trail and error. It's what works for you.

Try and get a food sensitivity test done and you'll know what your body reacts badly to.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 09/27/2012 5:56 pm

Try Blue Diamond Almond Breeze. Dairy-free, lactose-free, soy-free. It's the best tasting almond milk I've been able to find.

Also Rice Dream is very good. It is a little less creamy than the Almond Breeze though.

MemberMember
(@acneisacurse)

Posted : 09/28/2012 9:35 am

I've been drinking almond milk for months and I love it, it actually has more calcium and vitamin D than regular milk! One thing you should never try is soy milk though because in some cases it can be worse than regular milk, soy (especially genetically modified soy) has a bunch of hormones that can give people more acne.

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 09/28/2012 9:56 am

I haven't been drinking any 'milk', but I've replaced dairy by just having water instead, and goat's cheese, sheep's cheese or buffalo mozzarella instead of regular cheese. I've only just cut out dairy some time ago, and it's hard for me to say if it has an effect on my skin or not.

I'm a little hesitant about switching to almond milk. Almonds are healthy for sure, but they do contain a lot of omega 6 fats and I think you could overconsume them easily by drinking almond milk. But if it suits you and your metabolism, why not. You could also try coconut milk if you can stomach it.

MemberMember
(@dcrangersfootballclub)

Posted : 10/01/2012 7:21 am

I've been drinking almond milk for months and I love it, it actually has more calcium and vitamin D than regular milk! One thing you should never try is soy milk though because in some cases it can be worse than regular milk, soy (especially genetically modified soy) has a bunch of hormones that can give people more acne.

is almond milk ok in acne diet the calcium and vit d shouldn't brake you out right ?

MemberMember
(@acneisacurse)

Posted : 10/01/2012 7:27 am

is almond milk ok in acne diet the calcium and vit d shouldn't brake you out right ?

Lol no calcium and vitamin D are good for acne they won't break you out at all, the reason why milk breaks you out is because of the lactose and casein I think, it doesn't have to do with the calcium or vitamin D.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 10/01/2012 10:11 am

and goat's cheese, sheep's cheese or buffalo mozzarella instead of regular cheese.

Do we have reason to believe water buffalo dairy is less allergenic, more digestable, contain less hormones or other harmful substances, etc than cow?

Lol no calcium and vitamin D are good for acne they won't break you out at all, the reason why milk breaks you out is because of the lactose and casein I think, it doesn't have to do with the calcium or vitamin D.

There are many reasons dairy contributes to acne, but you are right that they don't include calcium and vitamin D.

MemberMember
(@acneisacurse)

Posted : 10/01/2012 1:06 pm

I think its also that dairy raises your IGF-1 levels I'm not sure if that's true though, IGF-1 is only increased in the presence of high insulin and growth hormone levels at the same time. But dairy does something to your hormones definitely.

MemberMember
(@bananab)

Posted : 10/01/2012 1:13 pm

I like Tempt unsweetened vanilla hemp milk. It's full of healthy fats and so creamy and delicious! Also coconut milk is good for you, but maybe an acquired taste. Some people don't do well with too many almonds, either due to an allergy/intolerance, or because they have a lot of Omega 6.

MemberMember
(@deedoo)

Posted : 10/01/2012 3:28 pm

What about the lechtin in almond breeze, clear face for 2 weeks then had almond breeze for bfast 2 days and ive broken out.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 10/01/2012 5:16 pm

What type of lecithin is it? There is typically soy (most common) and sunflower.

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 10/02/2012 6:41 am

Again everyone is saying dairy this and dairy that.

This is not true for everyone. It's not one glove fits all.

Saying dairy "does this to acne and does that to acne " is too generic. I am not saying it don't worsen acne in some people but making blanket statements is why progress is slowed.

Everyone has a different biology and everyone has different sensitivities.

MemberMember
(@facevalues)

Posted : 10/03/2012 1:51 am

The closest you're going to get to a more easily digestible (and therefore less likely to break you out) form of dairy is taking a peek/experimenting with raw dairy. If it's legal in your state. Otherwise there's always contacting your local farmers.

I only eff with dairy if it's cultured, goat, or raw, really. Or unless I feel like it, like the goat cheese I sell at farmer's markets sometimes, even though it's pasteurized. I feel like part of listening to your body involves not making rules for yourself that are designed to be broken. Avoiding dairy is a good thing to keep in mind but so is constantly asking yourself questions about what does/doesn't serve you in your life.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 10/03/2012 5:03 am

Any cultured dairy homemade if possible should be fine if it doesn't effect your skin. In fact you need extra white blood cells to boost immune and good bacteria to make biotin and vitamin k.

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 10/03/2012 10:02 am

Do we have reason to believe water buffalo dairy is less allergenic, more digestable, contain less hormones or other harmful substances, etc than cow?

I'm not sure to be honest, I just assumed that if the A1 casein protein in milk is the main factor causing digestive issues and thus contributing to acne, then buffalo milk (+ goat / sheep milk) might be a better option. In addition, more often sheep and goat tend to be grass-fed than cows, which is a good thing. I assumed this would apply to buffalo, but after some googling, I'm not so sure. I've lately been wondering if I should avoid all dairy from all animals or just cow, because of all dairy would probably contain growth hormones and have insulinogenic effects.

Please enlighten me, if you have more information. smile.png

Edit: it occurred to me that there are cultures which do not suffer from acne despite using dairy. For example:

http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks02/0200251h.html#ch3

This would make me believe that dairy does not inherently cause acne, even if it may contribute to it in some circumstances. I also think that the quality of dairy has a huge effect (raw organic grass-fed milk vs. industrialized milk, for example).

MemberMember
(@dcrangersfootballclub)

Posted : 10/04/2012 7:11 pm

almond milk, can anyone confirm if this is ok ?