Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Martinw23

Private Accutane Treatment

Hi everyone i am new to this, never the less I have spent some time reading previous threads. Let me first talk you through my previous acne experiences and my current dielema. I am a 22 year old male and have had bad cystic acne since the age of 12. I was on countless rounds of cycline antibiotics and finally got prescribed 'accutane' at the age of 20. I was on it for four months and it completely cleared my skin. Slowly over the last 24 months my skin has gradually got worse and I am now breaking out (cysts) on my face, neck and chest leaving notable red marks. Shall I leave my acne and hope it gets better itself? Or do I go on a second course of accutane privately however I am unsure of cost and waiting times? Any help/advice/experiences are hugely appreciated:)

Edited by Martinw23

Okay i believe i was in the same boat as you, ive had cystic acne since i was 14, went on accutane at 20 which cleared my skin perfectly, the acne came back few years later and seemed to be getting worse each year. Being 28yrs old now i would recommend going back on accutane, its the only thing that really works..

Or you could waste 6 years of your life living with the cystic acne like me trying to find "the cure" which doesnt exist besides accutane, or you could get lucky and simply grow out of it.

Edited by ohmygod

I don't know, I've heard great things about Accutane but to be honest it scares the living crap out of me.

And it would suck to achieve perfect skin and once you're off of it it goes to crap again.

There are other ways to get rid of acne. You have to work on the rest of your body until the biggest organ in your body (your skin) reflects your good health. I always say work from inside out. And of course keep your skin clean and moisturized. But that's the least of your worries.

I wouldn't say "leave it and hope it gets better itself" either. That implies giving up and giving up just doesn't work when you're fighting acne.

Hi everyone i am new to this, never the less I have spent some time reading previous threads. Let me first talk you through my previous acne experiences and my current dielema. I am a 22 year old male and have had bad cystic acne since the age of 12. I was on countless rounds of cycline antibiotics and finally got prescribed 'accutane' at the age of 20. I was on it for four months and it completely cleared my skin. Slowly over the last 24 months my skin has gradually got worse and I am now breaking out (cysts) on my face, neck and chest leaving notable red marks. Shall I leave my acne and hope it gets better itself? Or do I go on a second course of accutane privately however I am unsure of cost and waiting times? Any help/advice/experiences are hugely appreciated:)

My personal opinion is that if it didn't work the first time, why would you try the EXACT same treatment? It's like banging your head against a brick wall but a lot more expensive.