Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tingmothy

Wondering Whether To Start Jojoba Oil, Aha, Or Both? People With Oily Skin Please!

Hey guys, I've been on the regimen for about 6 weeks now. So far, my skin is still oily and not that dry. I'm thinking about not using the moisturizer in the morning (i'm in an office all day, so I won't be in the sun), as I think Dan's moisturizer leaves my skin oily. Maybe the reason my skin hasn't dried out yet or flaked is beause I'm using too much moisturizer?

Should I incorporate jojoba oil or aha into my regimen? My skin is already oily enough. I've heard so many contradicting posts on this forum that I don't even know what each product does anymore. I wanted to use AHA at night instead of the moisturizer, or should I use jojoba oil with my moisturizer? Does anyone have any advice for people with oily skin?

My skin is very oily - there is a visible layer within an hour of washing, and I need to blot it after 2 hours becuase it looks so bad.

I haven't used jojoba oil as an everyday moisturiser but I did try the oil cleansing method with it after reading about the great results many people had.

Within about a week I had spots appearing all down my neck (they are usually just on my face) and more than usual along my jawline, despite following the instructions carefully and removing as much oil as possible. When I stopped using the jojoba it took a couple of months to get rid of them all.

Since then I only use it very occasionally, and mostly just for the sake of using it up rather than binning it. I have just gone back to Dan's regimen while choosing my next move, and my skin is at the rough, peely (yet still oily) stage from the BP, so when it gets a bit sore I sometimes rub a couple of drops of jojoba between my hands and just lightly press it on my skin, so hardly any goes on. Same goes for Dan's moisturiser, I use a blob no bigger than a pea, rub into my hands and press lightly to get just a trace on my skin. Generally my skin doesn't do well with moisturisers.

I'm not sure about AHA, I haven't used it, so can't help there.

I don't see need to add jojoba oil if you're skin is adequately (or potentially excessively) moisturized; there's really no point to that. I'd definitely recommend trying the AHA at night. I have very oily skin and I've been using AHA at night in place of a moisturizer for a few years and I absolutely love it. Can't recommend it enough.

The regimen is not designed to cause dryness or flaking; that is just an unfortunate side effect that many people experience. Don't be discouraged if your skin isn't dried out; be happy!

Jojoba oil has regulated my oil production and my skin is no longer an oil slick like it used to be. I use it on my face entire face, but not my forhead, and my forhead remains oily.

Sigh. There's always going to be conflicting responses. I appreciate everyone's input though. I guess everyone's skin is different, and I have to try what will work for me. I have decided to buy the AHA and use it at night in place of a moisturizer, and just moisturize in the mornings.

Jojoba oil has regulated my oil production and my skin is no longer an oil slick like it used to be. I use it on my face entire face, but not my forhead, and my forhead remains oily.

WHy would you not use it on ur forehead then..

Because when I used it on my forehead, it broke it out. My forehead has a bunch of tiny clogged pores and If I put the jojoba oil on it, it will purge them.

Because when I used it on my forehead, it broke it out. My forehead has a bunch of tiny clogged pores and If I put the jojoba oil on it, it will purge them.

I would think that would be a reason to use jojoba oil on your forehead then, if jojoba oil causes your skin to purge your clogged pores.

I would think that would be a reason to use jojoba oil on your forehead then, if jojoba oil causes your skin to purge your clogged pores.

Im afraid it's going to open them up so much they will turn into pimples or whiteheads.

Im afraid it's going to open them up so much they will turn into pimples or whiteheads.

THat's the point of purging. Once they are pimples/whiteheads they will go away eventually and then youll no loner have clogged pores! However, if you are trying to impress a special someone or anything like then...then you should hold off grinwink.gif