Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tingmothy

Washing Hands For The Regimen. Use Soap Everytime You Put On Something?

Hey guys, I was wondering if it's absolutely essential that you wash your hands with soap every time you put on a different product. For example, I will wash my hands with soap, then wash my face with cleanser. Then I will wait 10 minutes before I put on BP. Do I need to wash my hands with soap before I put on the BP? Or just wash my hands with water and then dry them, and then put on the BP? After the BP, I wait 10 minutes, and put on the moisturizer. Do I need to wash my hands with soap again??? Or just wash them with water.

Washing your hands with soap EVERYTIME you use cleanser, BP, and moisturizer, seems so incovenient? What do you guys do about it? At first I wasn't even using soap at all, even before cleanser lol. But now I use it before cleanser. I would like to hear what you guys do, whether it's right or wrong, and what works and doesn't work.

Have to say I don't. I figure that the cleanser on my hands washes them at the same time as my face and I'm not going to get much else on my hands between each step.

I do always rinse my hands after using the BP but only because the stuff bleaches everything.

But then again, my skin's not clear yet.... perhaps excessive hand washing is the answer I've been missing all these years!

I don't wash my hands before cleansing my face or before applying BP, but I always wash my hands after using BP. It's been working great for me for the past five years.

hmm i see. i guess that is kind of tedious. I'm just gona wash my hands with soap before I use my first product of the day or evening, and then just use water for the next products. Thanks :)