Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snsdgirl14

What Is Causing These Tiny Whiteheads/clogged Pores?

I've been taking Doxycycline for about eight months now and using Epiduo at night. For the majority of this time, this combination has worked really well for me. For the past month or so though, I have been getting very tiny whiteheads on random parts of my face. They usually last 2 days or so before they go away. They also have appeared in parts of my face that NEVER usually break out, like my upper lip.

I haven't changed anything with my makeup. I have changed cleansers, to CeraVe (which is supposed to not clog pores). I use Aveeno Skin Brightening Scrub once a day too. I use CeraVe moisturizers, but these have never caused any problem for me.

Honestly, the only thing I can think of is that I am touching my face more lately. My face has felt slightly itchy the past few weeks, so I usually use my nail to gently scratch at the places that itch. Could this be causing the clogged pores? The whiteheads are so small that they really do look more like clogged pores than pimples.

It's not the CeraVe.

Aveeno Skin Brightening Scrub. Comedogenic ingredients highlighted.

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Polyethylene, Lauryl Glucoside, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Glycol Distearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Methylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance, Laureth-4, Sodium Hydroxide, Tetrasodium EDTA.

I suspect what Green Gables indicates is right on. From Jan to July I used Purpose Gentle Cleanser (contains SLS high up on the list) and was having problems with many small whiteheads, especially across my forehead and above eyebrows. You could look at them and see the top of the pore being sealed over. Anyway, I ditched the Purpose in Aug and went to a cleanser with no SLS (Dickinson Foaming Face Wash) and the whitehead issue has magically disappeared...yeah.