Notifications
Clear all

Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser

MemberMember
(@swj48)

Posted : 09/27/2012 1:52 am

ive always used purpose gentle cleanser on the regimen, but i picked up a bottle of this because it is on Dan's recommended products page and it is way more cost effective (huge bottle for only a few dollars more than the purpose)

anybody have opinions on it? i used it for the first time tonight and i gotta admit it seems kinda weird to me because it doesnt lather or foam at all. seemed to cleanse well and my skin felt clean but just not sure if i like it yet.

MemberMember
(@misslarry12304)

Posted : 09/28/2012 3:45 pm

Ive been using this for 6 weeks and I love it, with the moisturiser I think it's fab. Better then anything I've brought before and a lot more cost effective, At first I did'nt like it because it did'nt foam but now I'm used to it and the results of it on my skin are great. Even my friends without acne have started using it. x

MemberMember
(@rush25)

Posted : 09/28/2012 10:41 pm

I've been using Cetaphil cleanser for five years now and I absolutely love it. I think it's a fantastic cleanser.

MemberMember
(@09alisa)

Posted : 09/28/2012 11:01 pm

I'm with these ladies. I've been using it for a few years, and I love it!

MemberMember
(@paulh85)

Posted : 09/30/2012 2:42 pm

I'm glad I tried Cetaphil because it was the final piece to the proverbial puzzle that was my regimen. It was interesting because there's that psychological thing where you think, 'This doesn't foam, it's not going to work'. I guess we automatically associate a foaming action with cleanliness so assumption we'd then make is that it's some how lacking because it doesn't foam. Not the case at all. Goes to show how condition we can become where products and their marketing are concerned and I'd bet a lot of people have decided against giving Cetaphil a fair go, simply because it doesn't foam.

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 09/30/2012 5:03 pm

I'll be the dissenting voice here, lol.

I hated it. My skin is super oily and it just did not get the oil off or my makeup. I know many people love it and do very well with it, and that's why we have it on our list of recommeded products, but it simply wasn't for me. It left a film on my face and really resulted in a lot of congested pores for me unfortunately.

Here's what I've noticed over the years as far as a trend with it. People with dry or normal skin tend to really like it. Those of us with very oily skin tend to not like it so much.

Check the reviews to see other comments. http://www.acne.org/rate.php

Bottom line, if your skin does well with it and you like it, it's perfectly okay to use it for The Regimen.

MemberMember
(@rush25)

Posted : 10/01/2012 12:29 am

^ That's so funny...I have oily skin and it works perfectly to remove oil and makeup, and sometimes if I'm not careful, my skin will feel a little "too clean" and a little dried out from it. It just goes to show that people really need to try out products for themselves because products work differently for everyone!

MemberMember
(@tricky)

Posted : 10/11/2012 11:21 am

I was going to try this but it seems to have a number of ingredients that are flagged as causing acne and also irritants.

Namely: Cetyl Alcohol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate & Stearyl Alcohol

http://www.cosdna.co..._177729161.html

I may give it a go then if people think it is ok to use. I'm just surprised thats all.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/11/2012 2:51 pm

I was going to try this but it seems to have a number of ingredients that are flagged as causing acne and also irritants.

Namely: Cetyl Alcohol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate & Stearyl Alcohol

http://www.cosdna.co..._177729161.html

I may give it a go then if people think it is ok to use. I'm just surprised thats all.

Some people don't react to Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, but many, many do. I'm one of those people that cannot tolerate it. I like the CeraVe products, they are similar to Cetaphil but they are more careful about not using irritating ingredients. Many years ago CeraVe was prescription only for people with sensitive skin, so it was formulated with a little more care.

MemberMember
(@tricky)

Posted : 10/11/2012 3:21 pm

Some people don't react to Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, but many, many do. I'm one of those people that cannot tolerate it. I like the CeraVe products, they are similar to Cetaphil but they are more careful about not using irritating ingredients. Many years ago CeraVe was prescription only for people with sensitive skin, so it was formulated with a little more care.

Thanks for the info. I'm have extremely sensitive skin so may give it a miss then. Also, unfortunately CeraVe is hard to get over here in the UK, and if you can find it, its is very expensive.

I currently use...

Green Peoples Neutral Scent Free Shower Gel as a face wash.

http://www.greenpeople.co.uk/organic-base-no-scent-shower-bath-200ml.aspx

Its pretty good. Not over drying and very good on sensitive skin. I just thought i should try something that everyone recommends though, that's why i asked about Cetaphil. Anyway, thanks for the info.

MemberMember
(@torquemonster)

Posted : 11/03/2012 2:04 am

I echo what Brandy indicated above. I am not a fan of the cetaphil cleanser. My skin tends to the oily side. Tried it for two separate extended periods. I did not like the non-foaming aspect, it did not feel like it cleaned or rinsed well, my pores got clogged, breakouts resulted. In hindsight, the SLS was probably the culprit for me. For the past few months I have abandoned use of all cleansers containing sulfates and my skin has drastically improved.