Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay, so I've been on the regimen for 50 days almost 2 months (: I was wondering when I should try aha, & if I should? I don't really understand what its for & how I would use it. Would I continue to use bp also?

Hopefully someone can answer my questions I'd really appreciate it. Thank you so much!!(:

Okay, so I've been on the regimen for 50 days almost 2 months (: I was wondering when I should try aha, & if I should? I don't really understand what its for & how I would use it. Would I continue to use bp also?

Hopefully someone can answer my questions I'd really appreciate it. Thank you so much!!(:

AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) is a lotion that exfoliates and helps bring new skin cells to the surface. AHA can improve skin tone and texture, and can help reduce post-acne red marks. Yes, you would continue to use BP as well. I'd recommend using AHA at night only because 1) it will make your skin very sensitive to the sun, and 2) AHA can cause your skin to look quite shiny immediately after application (the shine is completely gone by morning, at least for me). I use AHA at night in place of my moisturizer, so I wash my face, then apply BP, and the apply AHA. AHA can also be used as a spot treatment if you don't want to use it all over your face.

If you decide to try AHA, you should do a patch test (like applying a small amount of AHA under your ear or below your jawline) to make sure that the AHA is not going to be too irritating for you. Some people mix it in with their moisturizer for a few weeks when they start using AHA because it can cause a itching/stinging/slight burning sensation if you have sensitive skin. I've never had any irritation from Dan's AHA, and I've been using it religiously for a few years.

Since you've been on the regimen for 2 months, you can start using AHA now if you want -- as long as your skin has adjusted to using the full amount of BP and you're not experiencing any major irritation from the regimen.

Dan's AHA has really made a huge difference in my skin; it looks so much healthier, smoother, and my skin tone is much better. It's definitely a gradual change though; don't expect to see drastic changes within a matter of weeks.