Notifications
Clear all

Water Only *sigh*

MemberMember
(@paolo)

Posted : 09/26/2012 4:55 pm

Ok so quick backround story,

During high school I had no acne. around 20 (now 23) i began breaking out. Ive tried SA, glycolic washes, proactiv, ocm, and retin-a

I have moderate acne, not a lot but when i do get acne holy cheezuz are they huge and painful. Im at ropes end and have stumbled upon this site...I dream of clear skin just like everybody else.

so onto the current story. I've just passed my three week mark on the no wash/ water only regimen. The first two weeks no real break outs and I hadnt really let water touch my face. The third week I splashed cold water on my face before bed and A few days later i started getting a lot of congestion on my forehead (where i never break out) and now im breaking out on my cheeks (where i usually break out)...the acne isnt very large or overly inflammed but WTF this is annoying. I took a shower last night and wiped the dead skin off my face with a soft wash cloth and when i came out of the shower my skin was blotchy, itchy, red and pissed off looking. this morning its a little bit better but my skin feels dry and of course all the acne.

I need to hear something some kind of hope for this crap because I dont know if i should keep going. I know everything i read says stick with it but I dont know if i should be splashing water on my face everyday or not letting water touch it at all, to moisturize or not to moisturize...I want words of wisdom that come from experience and not of those telling me to use some damn face wash...

thankseusa_pray.gif

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/05/2012 3:56 pm

Ok so quick backround story,

During high school I had no acne. around 20 (now 23) i began breaking out. Ive tried SA, glycolic washes, proactiv, ocm, and retin-a

I have moderate acne, not a lot but when i do get acne holy cheezuz are they huge and painful. Im at ropes end and have stumbled upon this site...I dream of clear skin just like everybody else.

so onto the current story. I've just passed my three week mark on the no wash/ water only regimen. The first two weeks no real break outs and I hadnt really let water touch my face. The third week I splashed cold water on my face before bed and A few days later i started getting a lot of congestion on my forehead (where i never break out) and now im breaking out on my cheeks (where i usually break out)...the acne isnt very large or overly inflammed but WTF this is annoying. I took a shower last night and wiped the dead skin off my face with a soft wash cloth and when i came out of the shower my skin was blotchy, itchy, red and pissed off looking. this morning its a little bit better but my skin feels dry and of course all the acne.

I need to hear something some kind of hope for this crap because I dont know if i should keep going. I know everything i read says stick with it but I dont know if i should be splashing water on my face everyday or not letting water touch it at all, to moisturize or not to moisturize...I want words of wisdom that come from experience and not of those telling me to use some damn face wash...

thankseusa_pray.gif

Water only did nothing for me.

MemberMember
(@bobby-stephenson)

Posted : 10/05/2012 4:01 pm

Water only is awesome while on Accutane. Heck I don't even shower anymore.

MemberMember
(@anb1998)

Posted : 10/31/2012 9:52 pm

I'm just starting this but I'll try to get back to you after 30 days. Some people it takes more than 30 days. You aren't supposed to take the skin off because you are supposed to let your body do it

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 11/04/2012 4:40 pm

I started this Nov 1st

So far no break puts but I do wash and rub my face with water only while I shower so I don't get to much congestion .....I do gonna try to used a clay mask one a week to clean n clear some pores.