Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
knarfia

Spironolactone And Teeth

I don't think this topic has been addressed yet, if so, I apologize. I'm wondering if any of you have experienced any problems with your teeth on spiro. Before I started it, my dentist told me my teeth were nearly perfect. Absolutely no problems whatsoever. I started spiro around that time, then 6 months later at my next appointment: severe erosion of enamel, gingivitus, major plaque. I now know why people dread going to the dentist- I've never had them do so much scraping and picking. For this and other reasons I stopped using spiro, but have now started using it again because I just can't stand the break outs. Just thought I should put this out there and see what you guys had to say.

I have not had teeth issues. There is literally no connection I have seen in any studies between spironolactone and teeth.

Have there been any changes in your toothpaste and mouthwash? I went all-natural with my toothpaste and mouthwash for a while and had the worst plaque ever, and had an infection in one of my gums! Went back on Sensodyne and Listerine and my teeth are fine.

I brush and floss twice a day.

Edited by Green Gables