Notifications
Clear all

Heavy Duty Non Non Comedogenic Moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@toenail)

Posted : 09/26/2012 3:44 am

I've been out of the acne game for some time so I'm not hip on the current products. I'm fighting a losing battle with very dry skin right now. Anything good I can slather on? Thanks!

MemberMember
(@jollyhohnson)

Posted : 09/26/2012 3:40 pm

Cetaphil! Fantastic moisturiser for very dry and very sensitive skin. Not comedogenic at all. I bought some after reading many great reviews about it on this site and I was really happy with it.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 09/26/2012 9:45 pm

CeraVe Hydrating Lotion. Available at most drugstores.

MemberMember
(@toenail)

Posted : 09/27/2012 1:45 am

Our drugstore didn't have Cetaphil (wth, right?) but they did have CeraVe. I'm fully slathered and I already feel soooo much better. Thanks guys!

MemberMember
(@samantha59)

Posted : 11/19/2012 11:29 pm

Cerave has "Ceteareth 20 and Cetearyl Alcohol" as the third ingredient! If it was down on the list it would probably be ok but it's supposed to be very comedogenic and it's number three on the list... I don't know how it doesn't make people's acne worse. Cerave also has "Caprilyc/Capric Triglyceride" which is not comedogenic in and of itself, but the oils in this ingredient is great food for bacteria that causes acne.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 12/02/2012 11:06 pm

I second Cetaphil. Its very heavy and greasy which is perfect if you're suffering very dry skin from following the regimen. I agree with Samantha, cerave caused havoc with my acne prone skin, however many people on this site happily use it with no problems. Everything's personal....

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 12/03/2012 1:01 am

Grapeseed oil

MemberMember
(@jmmaxx)

Posted : 12/04/2012 9:32 pm

I have heard very good things about the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream. It's very thick, creamy, and seems to have taken care of flakiness for most who use it. I'm actually gonna go buy it too... Maybe you can give it a shot?? It comes in a 16 oz. jar for around $10 at Target in the US.

MemberMember
(@skintuition)

Posted : 12/06/2012 1:54 pm

ive heard cetaphil is one of the heaviest, thickest, and greasiest moisturizers money can buy

MemberMember
(@mrslevell2be)

Posted : 02/26/2013 10:00 pm

I use the cerave moisturizer cream.and it doesn't clog my pores. I use it at night .