Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZydrateJunkie

New User, But Not New To Acne...

Hi everyone, I'm here to share my story and to seek advice. I've been on so many sites looking for answers, but no one seems to have a similar situation as I do. So hopefully if anyone else is suffering from what I am, then this will help them too.

Up until about a year and a half ago, I've always had relatively clear skin. But, unfortunately I've always had dark facial hair. I discovered waxing strips and the first time I used them, the results were great. But after about a few usages, I had a huge amount of acne on my face, so I stopped using them. I had hoped that it would just go away because I've never had any issues with acne before. Well, obviously it didn't, otherwise I wouldn't be posting this. Not only do I still have bad breakouts, but I also have acne spots and I'm starting to scar.

I've tried everything that anyone's ever recommended and still no real results. I've been through Proactiv, Neutrogena, Clinique, and even The Regimen and I haven't seen any great results. I've also tried other things such as castor oil and jojoba oil. And for scarring, I've tried different exfoliants and lemon juice and I'm currently trying a microdermabrasion system. I've done hours of research and I've tried so many things and so I'm wondering if there's anyone out there who has gone or is going through the same thing and who could recommend anything else. Thank you for reading and please let me know if you have any recommendations.

You're only trying to cure your acne by applying chemicals on your face. Have you ever thought that it could be an internal issue? Try solving the problem from the inside-out: meaning, fix your whole health.

First I'd start with digestion health. Start eating healthy food and eliminating the junk. Eliminating gluten, grains, sugar, and dairy is a good start. See how you feel and look.