Notifications
Clear all

Zinc With Copper - And Iodine?

MemberMember
(@lmontgom)

Posted : 09/25/2012 12:10 am

So I've been taking straight up Zinc (50mg/day) for about a week, but the tablet form was kind of chalky and tablets don't digest as well as capsules, so I bought a different brand today. It's Zinc Copper from Solaray, and it's 50mg Zinc, 2mg Copper, and 53 mcg Iodine (as kelp). I know that copper works well with zinc, since zinc can cause a copper defeciency, but what about the Iodine? Does anyone know the use of the iodine, and will it have any effect on my skin? Thanks!

MemberMember
(@ghost08)

Posted : 10/02/2012 1:47 pm

So I've been taking straight up Zinc (50mg/day) for about a week, but the tablet form was kind of chalky and tablets don't digest as well as capsules, so I bought a different brand today. It's Zinc Copper from Solaray, and it's 50mg Zinc, 2mg Copper, and 53 mcg Iodine (as kelp). I know that copper works well with zinc, since zinc can cause a copper defeciency, but what about the Iodine? Does anyone know the use of the iodine, and will it have any effect on my skin? Thanks!

I do not see a Zinc product on their website containing Iodine....

I'm sure you will be fine.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/02/2012 11:23 pm

That small amount of iodine will most likely be inconsequential. Some iodine is essential for health.