Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Margarita Ashkinazi

Regimen Not Working Anymore?! Please Help

Hi guys, i have been using the regimen for over 7 months already. It worked amzingly well! After 4 months i stopped using moisturizer because i didnt really need it anymore, and it didnt really have an affect on my skin. I skipped many days before(got lazy :/) that some pimples pop up that quickly went away after a week. But now i use the regimen every single day (still no moisturizer) and it doesnt seem to be working well. My forehead broke out and the pimples havent resided for more than 2 weeks already, my face isnt looking too well! Maybe i should start moisturizing again cause my skin is starting to get dry? Any other advice? I put a lot on and gently. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!:)

It probably isn't working as well because you're not moisturizing, not saying that you need to be using dans, but you do need to moisturize, even with a light one, remember, dry skin is irritated skin, you need to put back that moisture back into your skin, many think because they have oily skin they can go without using a moisturizer but I think even oily skin needs a light moisturizer, you're drying your skin out using the bp, even if it doesn't look like it, it might need moisture, if skin is irritated because of lack of moisture this may be why you're breaking out, also getting lazy on the regimen isn't acceptable, one time a day in a moonlight can be excused, but you cannot get lazy, some get lazy and take the great skin for granted, forgetting what got them there in the first place, never skip, after a while you can see if you can decrease the amount of bp or decrease it to once a day, but don't just "skip" the regimen because you're lazy, not worth it as you can tell, perhaps because you skipped it's almost like starting over, your skin might have to re-adjsut back to it, and it might take some time, I've heard of people getting off the regimen and trying to get back on it and not getting the same results, maybe the second time around it might just take a little longer, stay positive and learn from your mistakes!

co-sign reyrey... It's crucial to follow each step exactly... That's why you're experiencing breakouts... Starting moisturizing again and I guarantee you'll see clear skin once again...

^ I agree.

Get back strictly on The Regimen, twice per day, every single day. Moisturize twice daily too. Review the steps and rewatch Dan's videos. http://www.acne.org/regimen.html

and

http://www.acne.org/checklist.html

You may also read here, but I think you already have figured out why you are breaking out.

http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html

The only reason the regimen isn't working is because you're not following the regimen. Start using some moisturizer ASAP!