Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cheerios34567

Feelings Of Anxiety/sadness On Accutane

Hi! So I'm coming up on my third month of Accutane. I've only seen a slight difference in my skin, with some of my scars fading a bit, but I still have a pretty significant and noticeable amount of whiteheads and cysts. However, I've noticed that I have these random moments of sadness or anxiety, something which was very uncommon pre-Accutane. The thing is, I just started college, and have more feelings of stress/homesickness/loneliness than I did previously, so it may be attributed to that. The thing that concerns me the most is that I have read posts in which people describe long-term effects of depression after Accutane, and I don't want that if the cause of this sudden moodiness is because of the drug. Please help!!!

Hi! So I'm coming up on my third month of Accutane. I've only seen a slight difference in my skin, with some of my scars fading a bit, but I still have a pretty significant and noticeable amount of whiteheads and cysts. However, I've noticed that I have these random moments of sadness or anxiety, something which was very uncommon pre-Accutane. The thing is, I just started college, and have more feelings of stress/homesickness/loneliness than I did previously, so it may be attributed to that. The thing that concerns me the most is that I have read posts in which people describe long-term effects of depression after Accutane, and I don't want that if the cause of this sudden moodiness is because of the drug. Please help!!!

Anxiety/depression is more common than I would like to believe on Accutane. That said, college is a HUGE emotional shift for many people. As long as you're not feeling suicidal or have any other signs of SERIOUS depression, I would stick it out and see if the anxiety lessens a little bit. If you're still feeling that anxiety on Thanksgiving break...there might be an Accutane issue.

Edited by Green Gables