Notifications
Clear all

Minocycline Cleared Me Up In 3-4 Days

MemberMember
(@ions)

Posted : 09/24/2012 8:23 am

Hello Members.

I have had excellent results from Minocycline so far. As mentioned I saw dramatic results after 3-4 days and I continue to see excellent results after 8 days on Minocycline.

You can see my before and after pictures in the first and last post of this thread. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/318147-is-this-folliculitis-pictures-included/

I wanted to ask the following:

1) How long should I continue taking Minocycline before I can stop? Currently I am taking 100 mg once per day in the morning on an empty stomach. My preference would be to use minocycline as little as possible and only re-introduce it when I see the acne coming back.

2) I take 1 Acidophilus probiotic before bed. Am I doing enough to preserve my friendly bacteria?

3) I have read that the acne bacteria can adapt eventually rendering minocycline ineffective against the treatment of acne. What has been your experience?

4) Any other tips, experiences, advice with minocycline I should be aware of.

Thank you.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 09/24/2012 1:15 pm

Hello Members.

I have had excellent results from Minocycline so far. As mentioned I saw dramatic results after 3-4 days and I continue to see excellent results after 8 days on Minocycline.

You can see my before and after pictures in the first and last post of this thread. http://www.acne.org/...tures-included/

I wanted to ask the following:

1) How long should I continue taking Minocycline before I can stop? Currently I am taking 100 mg once per day in the morning on an empty stomach. My preference would be to use minocycline as little as possible and only re-introduce it when I see the acne coming back.

2) I take 1 Acidophilus probiotic before bed. Am I doing enough to preserve my friendly bacteria?

3) I have read that the acne bacteria can adapt eventually rendering minocycline ineffective against the treatment of acne. What has been your experience?

4) Any other tips, experiences, advice with minocycline I should be aware of.

Thank you.

Your derm should have told you how long he/she intends to keep on Mino. Max is usually 4 months.

Your gut is supposed to contain around 100+ strains of bacteria and a trillion cultures. An acidophilus probiotic is not going to cut it. I would look into one that has multiple strains and many billions of cultures. I'm on Ultimate Flora Critical 50 Billion with 8 strains. Bio-Kult and Therlac are other good brands.

Yes, when I was on minocycline I became resistant to it.

MemberMember
(@ions)

Posted : 09/24/2012 3:06 pm

Your gut is supposed to contain around 100+ strains of bacteria and a trillion cultures. An acidophilus probiotic is not going to cut it. I would look into one that has multiple strains and many billions of cultures. I'm on Ultimate Flora Critical 50 Billion with 8 strains. Bio-Kult and Therlac are other good brands.

Thank you for the advice. I will purchase a better quality probiotic.

Yes, when I was on minocycline I became resistant to it.

Hmm... that is not good. I might stop using it after two weeks of use and see what happens. My results were so rapid that I might not need it for prolonged periods. I might just re-introduce it if/when the acne starts returning.

I didn't go see a dermatologist, just my family doctor. When I asked him how long I am to take the antibiotics he said to take minocycline for a month and we will go from there.

MemberMember
(@wavy)

Posted : 10/02/2012 10:46 pm

i was on solodyn and ziana for 3 months and i got negative results :/

MemberMember
(@ions)

Posted : 10/17/2012 6:50 am

Hello Members,

I finished my 30 days of Minocycline and the results have been amazing. I wanted to get some advice on how I can maintain these fantastic results now that I have stopped Minocycline; as was strongly advised by my doctor.

I read that Cococunt Oil & Oil of Oregano have antibiotic properties? And of course garlic but I try to avoid it because of the bad breath. What do you recommend?

Do you recommend I use some kind of topical anti-biotic cream? Is there something natural I can put on my skin that is anti-biotic?

Thank you for your feedback.

MemberMember
(@fragilesong)

Posted : 11/02/2012 10:16 pm

Tea Tree oil is good for the skin, and you can take garlic capsules as well. Activated charcoal can help too.