Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
karenelizabeth11

Lactic Acid Peel + Aha Souffle?

Hi all, any help would be much appreciated. I've been doing the MUAC lactic acid 40% peel every other day for the past 3 months for about 10 minutes and it's helped tremendously but I still feel like I could be doing more to fade my dark marks. I used to use the AHA Souffle about a year and a half ago (not really sure why I stopped-probably because all of my dark marks had disappeared?), but have since then experienced terrible breakouts and have been dealing with the effects. I mostly have hyperpigmentation right now and the peels have helped a lot, but I'd like to begin using the AHA Souffle again nightly. I was just wondering if the daily 12% glycolic acid in the souffle in addition to the 40% lactic acid peels I do every other day would be too much for my skin, or if it will help make the peels more effective and penetrate deeper? Any advice would be helpful, thank you! surprised.gif

I have been doing 40% Lactic Acid Peels for the past three weeks. There is some slight lightening of my hyperpigmentation. I would say try to at least have three days in between peels because you skin needs time to heal itself. I am not sure about the AHA souffle because I havent used it.

Don't double up on peels. At most one peel a day. And I believe the MUAC instructs you not to use the lactic 40% more than 3 times a week.

The AHA souffle isn't a peel, it's a daily AHA lotion/moisturizer. Yeah I know, but I've been using it for 4 months so my skin's tolerance has increased and I use it every other day without any irritation.