Notifications
Clear all

Yasmin Birth Control?

MemberMember
(@tac390)

Posted : 09/23/2012 11:08 pm

I've been struggling with hormonal acne for a little less than a year now. I know this is hormonal acne because I never had bad skin up until last year, never would break out--I would even sleep with makeup on and wouldn't breakout in the morning. Now, I have these clear skin-colored bumps all over my chin which are called closed comedones and some also in the area between my cheeks and nose. Topical acne treatments don't work for me. I am very healthy and take very good care of my skin. I use Cetaphil face wash once in the morning and once at night everyday, drink tons of water, and take all sorts of vitamins. I believe my acne is hormonal because I began getting anxiety in the beginning of this year and that also took a toll on me. However, I've been using Green Cream Level 6 for about seven weeks now and see little results. I also have seen a dermatologist a few months ago who prescribed Differin gel to me, but I didn't use it because of the reviews and I really don't believe that will help this type of acne. Now I've been doing some research and apparently Yasmin is good for treating hormonal acne. I am desperate at this point. I'm only 18 and having bad skin really stresses me out. I'd just like to know if anyone has taken Yasmin for hormonal acne and how well did it work? PLEASE HELP!

MemberMember
(@deespicableme)

Posted : 03/13/2013 11:12 am

Well this is a late reply lol, but I'm pretty much in the same boat. I didn't have a HUGE break out until summer of 2011 (right after graduating high school). Antibiotics and Acanya helped but when I stopped antibiotics (due to side effects), everything started coming back. I've been considering Yaz or Yasmin since I'm pretty sure my acne problem is hormone related, plus I really wanna get rid of this oily skin and topicals just haven't helped with that at all. :( Anyway, did you ever get on Yasmin?? I see my gyno tomorrow so I might ask about it!!

MemberMember
(@mrscumberbatch)

Posted : 03/19/2013 8:51 am

Hi! Just started yaz four days ago so im not seeing any results yet but ill keep u posted. Well Im having breakouts now but i think this is from folic acid ive been taking for a month. I think its too soon for me to breakout from Yaz. Anyway i stopped folic acis yesterday and just concentrating on yaz so we'll see.