Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlockaBlocka

Starting The Caveman Regimen

What's up guys, yes this is my first post on this site, but i have always came to this site for advice on how to treat my acne/skin.

Let me start, ok i think the first time i started to get acne was around 15 years old, it wasn't too bad just a few pimples here and there on my upper forehead. Things got progressively worse around 17 when it was all over my forehead and by the time i turned 18 i started getting acne on my cheeks. Now i have never had "bad" acne, i guess you could consider it mild acne...

Right now my acne has improved i guess with age. It's still definitely there though, you can see it, i have enlarged pores especially on my nose, very oily skin and my forehead is still filled with pimples. My cheeks and everywhere else is better just a few acne areas here and there. Also i have never had acne around the jawline.

Alright let's get in to a few things i have used over the years.

Pro-Activ - Bought this back in 2006 i think and it definitely did not work at all, just made my face really red.

Exfoliators - These are terrible for my skin, it just strips my skin of everything and leaves terrible red marks. (I remember one time i used this exfoliator one night and i woke up the next morning with this huge red mark on the side of my face which looked like a birthmark. I was so embarrassed to go to work that week, it was terrible.

Facial cleansers/acne cleansers - Some of them made my skin worse, some of them made my skin better for a few days then after started breaking out from the cleanser. The most recent cleanser cream i used was Olay Skin Smoothing Cream Scrub , the first few days i thought it was great and i finally found something that was going to work. It made my skin very smooth after i washed it off, but after a few days i started to break out again...so i stopped using that shit.

Another thing that would break me out was my last job, at a manufacturing plant working with oil everyday on car parts. Very greasy and oily plant. Everyday i left the plant my face was terribly oily, it was very bad. I was getting big pimples around my lips and upper lip area and all over my nose, but worst of all i started breaking out all over my forearms with huge red pimples. Thankfully i got fired from there after about 8 months. About one month after i left, my arms cleared up and so did my mouth area. So i know for sure that fuckin place broke me out.

I also have tried cutting things out of my diet and eating healthy, but nothing really made a difference.

So now TODAY i am on the "Caveman Regimen" i started it two days ago and haven't touched my face with anything yet. My face at this moment is really oily, and smells really bad from the oil on my face. My face also feels really dirty and old and tired, but i'm going to go through with this, because i really do believe this is going to work.

I will update this thread every few days, telling you how the progress is going. I just hope i don't get that dry face mask everyone gets, jesus christ please no.

Edited by BlockaBlocka

Good luck. Personally, if I was ever to do this, I would just wash my face with water when I showered and thats it. Chances are, you will get a really dry and flaky face, because your skin is shedding skin cells constantly, and its just sitting on top of your face. Thats why exfoliation is really important. But, good luck.

Good luck. Personally, if I was ever to do this, I would just wash my face with water when I showered and thats it. Chances are, you will get a really dry and flaky face, because your skin is shedding skin cells constantly, and its just sitting on top of your face. Thats why exfoliation is really important. But, good luck.

lol we will see.

Hi there,

If you really want to counter acne through any Diet Plans try "Raw Food Diet Plan" which is similar to Cave Regimen, but involves more of fresh fruits and vegetables.

I know of a person who completely was acne proof for the period he was on Raw Food.

http://bit.ly/MCbYb8

Well it's the 4th day and my face is definitely less oily, but i don't see much difference, if any yet. Face is very dry around the nose and i have raw/red skin under nose/moustache area. My whole face looks more red.

I want to wash my face so badly because it just feels so dirty and i know if i do wash it with a cream it would look so much better for a couple hours lol but i'm going to try and stick it out...i don't know how much longer i can go without washing it with some sort of cleanser though.

Edited by BlockaBlocka

Dont wash! I just passed the 3 week mark

the first week was easy, starting to get itchy,dry and a little flaking

the second i noticed my skin was even toned to the rest of my body (cleansers made my face pale) no new large breakouts

Just passed week three and i noticed congestion on my forehead where i never break out and a little on my nose

I broke and jumped in the shower and exfoliated with a soft towel. came out and my skin was red,dry, SUPER ITCHY and pissed off. today its just dry and not as red and initial inflammation has gone down (I was shooting for 4 weeks =( )

what Im getting at here is leave your skin alone. I honestly dont know if splashing water once a day is better or no water at all, but if youre like me at all and your acne is mild to moderate, finally letting your skin do its thing might be the trick.

I've done it all from SA and glycolic washes (worst break outs ever) to proactiv and retin-a; even the OCM.

keep at it man!

p.s. did you get the idea from that hippie girl on thelovevitamin.com ?

Dont wash! I just passed the 3 week mark

the first week was easy, starting to get itchy,dry and a little flaking

the second i noticed my skin was even toned to the rest of my body (cleansers made my face pale) no new large breakouts

Just passed week three and i noticed congestion on my forehead where i never break out and a little on my nose

I broke and jumped in the shower and exfoliated with a soft towel. came out and my skin was red,dry, SUPER ITCHY and pissed off. today its just dry and not as red and initial inflammation has gone down (I was shooting for 4 weeks =( )

what Im getting at here is leave your skin alone. I honestly dont know if splashing water once a day is better or no water at all, but if youre like me at all and your acne is mild to moderate, finally letting your skin do its thing might be the trick.

I've done it all from SA and glycolic washes (worst break outs ever) to proactiv and retin-a; even the OCM.

keep at it man!

p.s. did you get the idea from that hippie girl on thelovevitamin.com ?

lmao yeah i did get it from that hippie girl. Today is the 5th day and it seems i've broken out over my nose, and i got a medium sized pimple pop up on my forehead. Besides that it does seem my face/cheeks are staying clearer than usual.

Edited by BlockaBlocka

i've noticed that they are smaller and heal faster. right now being on day 24 and after exfoliating I've got some annoying congestion on my forehead with a medium pimple, a small on on my chin and one on my cheek. My skin isnt looking its best but I've definitely had it worse. After exfoliating (maybe too early in the process) my skin is dry and oily but that went away after a week of leaving my skin alone. Im going to start over again and see what happens....So to be honest I dont know if this is going to work for me. I am going to give it another 3 weeks to see what kind of progress is being made because i really want the theory that my skin needs to heal and washing it with chemicals day and night isnt the answer. I dont want to take antibiotics or use benzoyl peroxide or any of that crap. My body should be working fine without it, but what i am going to do it change my diet (ive done almost everything else so why not). Going to cut the gluten and dairy and seriously up my veggies and fruit intake.

going to do a parasite cleanse because you never know, colon and then liver.

I honestly believe acne is a symptom/sign of something internally not functioning to its full potential

keep me posted on your progress and good luck

My first week in. Honestly things haven't changed much, my forehead seems a little more clear except for that pimples that popped up a few days ago. My moustache area is still extremely red and dry, it's getting annoying. My cheeks seem a little more clear but my nose is filled with whiteheads and red marks and it's very dry.

My face is a lot less oily though, extremely less oily.

Yesterday i did splash some water on my face and then let it air dry, didn't see any difference, I think tomorrow i'm going to give my face a good washing with just my hands and water. I mean come on you're supposed to clean your face with water.

Ok i had to get in the shower today and wash my face with just water, my face was just looking absolutely terrible. I got in scrubbed my face with my hands for about 2 minutes got out of the shower and checked my face in the mirror about an hour later and HOLY SHIT my face has never been this bad EVER. Fuck this is terrible, i'm going back to using Olay scrub that i had, my face wasn't too bad on that stuff. This caveman shit is definitely not gonna work out for me.

My nose looks fucked up, like i've been in a fight or some shit, from this fuckin caveman shit. Jesus fuckin christ.

Edited by BlockaBlocka

im gonna wash with water every few days for a 2 more weeks and see what happens. yeah the first exfoliation was pretty bad for me too. blotchy pissed off skin. My skin is starting to somewhat look better from that exfoliation i did 4 days ago.

i know its tough but everywhere ive read says the water/caveman takes a bit to work :/

since ive been rinsing my face with water and i gently glide my hands over my face with water and its been better

Edited by Paolo

Well my face looks much much better this morning, it's amazing what one night can do. I put shea butter over my moustache area and it looks SOOO much better it's hardly even red anymore. My nose is a lot better as well.