Puffy Eyes , Becaus...

Notifications
Clear all

Puffy Eyes , Because Of The Treatment?

MemberMember
(@yasaman-rad)

Posted : 09/23/2012 11:47 am

So my regimen is very mild and simple, I use the cleanser at night once every other day, then the treatment as suggested, but then the day after I wash it with a very mild cleanser and use a mud mask to clear out all the treatment led overs I might have in my pores and use anti wrinkle cream, however the I just got back to the regimen from acne . Org and before i would use 10% benzoyl from random providers. The last time I used benzoyl proxide from acne. Org my face puffed up like a blow up fish, specially in the eye area and that's the main reason I got off it, now that I'm back on it the same thing is happening again. Some days my under eyes puff up and sometimes its my lids. It's incredibly scary and noticeable, but im seeing results as far as my acne goes. What is this puffiness from?is there a known benzoyl side effect regarding this ? Should I get off benzoyl for good and if so what would you guys suggest

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 09/24/2012 8:10 pm

I got puffy eyelids and under eyes when I first started using BP. I think its just something that happens to some people while your skin is getting used to BP. Don't worry too much, just start slowly. The puffiness around my eyes went away after about 4 weeks, but I followed Dan's regimen exactly. It sounds like you're doing your own sort of regimen. (not that I'm saying there is anything wrong with that).

MemberMember
(@brightredneckarea)

Posted : 10/07/2012 7:46 pm

The exact same thing has happened to me and it is scary. I've had to call in sick to work today because of it. Unfortunately I can't put up with puffy red eyelids for 4 weeks so am considering ending the regime after only just beginningsad.png

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 10/07/2012 8:34 pm

^ I found that antihistimine eye drops (for alergies) helped with the puffiness. Give that a go before you abandon the regimen altogether.